A Birthday Gift from Mark

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: A Birthday Gift from Mark

Post by Grumpy » Sun May 13, 2007 7:42 am

In the 12 oz 340 ? Full house .357 mag loads ? I`ve shot .357 mags in the old airweight - which was around 20 oz ( before the scandium models were around ) and recoil was decidely sharp - you definitely wouldn`t want to relax your grip or loosen up the wrist or the gun would hurt you badly. As I said, I have no idea what .357 mags shot in a 12 oz version would be like......and have little desire to find out !

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon May 14, 2007 8:20 am

Grumpy,

I hope to go to Chippewa Falls and spend some time there in June/July to work on an article for a very prestigious journal. During this time, I'll do one better than psoting pictures here. I'll video myself shooting the Airlite with Wolf ammo (the cheapest full house 357 mag ammo I can find on sale in the US) and also try to film some other guns from my friend's daughter and son in law's collection.

You can tell me what you think after I pst the videos here. :wink: :lol:

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon May 14, 2007 1:30 pm

Congrats Mehul nice revolver. Wish we could buy em like this. Anyway looks like you have enough ammo, should be fun to shoot.

Dev
mehulkamdar";p="19804 wrote: As close friends know, after my car was broken into and a pickup stolen from my condo complex, I was looking at buying a handgun to keep at home. The Chief of Police in my little suburb lives in a neighbouring block and he is a pro gun officer who happily endorsed the plan. I was looking for something that would be easy to shoot and which my wife (wh is small made and not very strong) could also use in a pinch. As I kept asking very experienced shooters for suggestions, my friend Mark whom many know here, made the decision for me. 8) Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the result:

Image[/url]

She is an Iver Johnson 38, a grand lady and small enough for my wife to shoot without ever worrying about recoil. Aren't I a lucky man? :lol: 8)

Cheers!
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue May 15, 2007 12:10 am

Congrats Mehul.That is a fine looking revolver.A very befitting birthday gift.Very thoughtful of Mark. Sure you would have fun with it.
OT, Aeons ago, I came across a very ancient and worn IJ hammerless revolver. It was up for about 15 thousand ruppes in those days.

Good shooting-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu May 17, 2007 8:38 am

Dev/Vikram,

Thanks. Yes, it is a very thoughtful gift and you guys are most welcome to shoot it when you come here.

Cheers!

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:05 am

Congratulations Mehul, on your first handgun (isn't it?).

I noticed a little image on the first screen at the bottom of your post which stated my i.p. address and ISP. Is that a signature or something? Not sure if it is something I should worry about?

thanks,
Naren

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun May 27, 2007 7:44 am

Hello Naren,

Yes, this is my first handgun in the US - I like guns I can hunt with and I didn't need a handgun unti recently. When I needed one, Mark, being a very good friend, very quickly gave me one as a gift.

Don't worry about the IP address icon - that is to inform the trolls who come here that they can't BS us about their locations. :lol: No genuine member needs to worry about this.

Cheers!

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Sun May 27, 2007 9:31 am

ah ok, heh, I saw a little troll image next to the picture, which changed to a penguin or something the next time I opened that post, so I didn't know if something was wrong.

thanks,
N