Glock 21 Torture Test

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Glock 21 Torture Test

Post by Mark » Thu May 10, 2007 11:30 pm

Sanjay";p="19791 wrote:
<SNIP>

Mark you forgot the Guinness. :wink:

Cheers

Sanjay
Here's the problem with that- we do not really have decent Guiness here, the stuff in bottles cannot compare to real Guiness drawn from barrels. There is some that comes in these tall cans that is halfway passable but even that is lacking IMHO.

The one good thing about the microbrewery craze that has hit the US is there are a few places making a halfway decent stout, but overall I'd have to compare it to walking in to McDonalds and expecting a good cup of tea.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

For Advertising mail webmaster
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri May 11, 2007 1:40 am

Hijack Alert !!! :)

Coming back to the GLock. Those torture tests have been talked about a lot in almost all rags and forums. Its interesting to say the least. Goes to show that you can atleast do it to a Glock and it will/may still work.

Yes, there have been a few (maybe more) KBs in Glocks, Doesn't mean its a bad design to be discarded with such hatred. The sheer numbers in service atleast say that it is a good implement. The KBs are just one problem which can be avoided with good ammo. This one problem I think does not outweigh the so many other things that are good with GLocks.

To each his own, at least don't demean the other. Come on guys, turn it down a notch (or a couple).

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Glock 21 Torture Test

Post by Grumpy » Fri May 11, 2007 4:23 am

Aw come on - getting aereated about a product shows that people take an interest in the subject and care about use/quality/capability and so on. Attacks on an inferior product are 100% legitimate. You ought to read some of the email or eavesdrop on some of the conversations that Mehul and I have had about guns.......and how we have ripped-apart certain guns. If we don`t like something there`s a d**n good reason why not.
Neither the Beretta 92FS or the Glock are poor pistols in themselves.....Having used Glock 20 and 21 models in Standard Class PP I happen to rate them quite highly - Mehul doesn`t. An opinion that he`s entitled to and which I respect. Neither of us cares for the Beretta 92 variants - they are overly large and heavy for a 9mm Para and have a stupid skeletal slide - and both consider that its adoption by the US Armed Forces was a travesty - the 9mm Parabellum just doesn`t have adequate stopping power for military purposes.........or for use by law enforcement agencies if it comes to that and the selection process was decidedly irregular.
The Beretta 92SB-F ( later redesignated 92F ) was the model adopted after the ( extremely controversial ) XM9 Trials. Following several slide failures in the early years of US military service the hammer pin was modified with an enlarged head to prevent the rear of the slide flying into the shooters face if the slide failed. This modified pistol was designated the 92FS.
The US Immigration and Naturalisation Service were less sanguine about the failures and demanded that their Model 96 .40 S&W pistols be built with a reinforced slide. This pistol became known as the 96 Brigadier. 9mm versions later became available as the 92 Brigadier.
To my knowledge no US military 92FS pistols were modified to 92FS Brigadier specifications. ALL 92F models were modified to 92FS specifications which doesn`t prevent slide failure but prevents the junk causing injury.........................
A US company - Phrobus International - subcontracted Rock MacMilllan to develope a fully enclosed and reinforced slide which was done very quickly and a great many were built in anticipation of being awarded a contract however Berettas quality control improved and the Phrobus slides were never adopted. It has been said - although never categorically proved - that the slide failures were due to metallurgical problem with slides being built in Brazil.....such sourcing being contrary to ther terms of the Beretta contract.
By the way, after those XM9 Trials the US Navy didn`t like or want the 92F at all. They also experienced slide failures after adoption including one that took place in front of Caspar Wineberger at a Navy Seals Demonstration which caused serious injury to the user. Many Navy aviators refused to cary their service 92F pistols and most of those bought Glock 19s. When they were later able to do do the Navy ordered a large quantity of SIG 226s for the Seals and later initiated the M11 progamme - the pistol selected being the SIG 228.
The Beretta/Taurus situation is a little complicated but basically Beretta sold their US production facility to Taurus out of political - and economic -expediency.
It has been `suggested` by several sources that during the M-10 Trials the CZ 85 was unofficially tested against the two main candidates - the Beretta 92FS and SIG 226 - and proved to be superior to both................

Django
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Django » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:14 pm

For years I kept Glock 9mm custom butt, I was a armed security officer in the city of NYC, paid my college with this job, the Glock saved me on many occasions, its a classic example of European quality and therefore even NYC officers entrust their lives on Glock and so does various other law enforcement institutions. They are extremely reliable and accurate not to mention the easiest on your wrist at the ranges, apart from regular maintenance, there was nothing else needed with my Glock, pity I couldn't bring it back to India as 9mm is contraband, hopefully one day it will change, I still own it but its in my house in NY.
N.R.A. member since 1989

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:05 pm

HI! I have also followed up on several pistol tests and I would definatley go with the glock. Punjab Police has also imported a lot of Glocks. I feel it is one of the "better"pistols ;)
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!