My Colt Lawman Mark V .357 Mag

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My Colt Lawman Mark V .357 Mag

Post by The Doc » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Great firearm Ashar,

I love snubbies too. Happy shooting pal.

RP.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:21 pm

Nice revolver Ashar. I like the 357 Magnum as they are pleasant to shoot. Go to 44 and bigger and then recoil becomes a problem. Colt recently brought back their best design, the Python, but they offer it only as a custom shop offering. I wish they would offer their regular models from long ago. You're lucky to have a nice piece.

Cheers!

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:49 am

Thank you Mehul.I too love the .357 mag but havent really fired a .44 mag.Im sure the frame of the 44s are bigger than the .357mag.Is the .44 Mag a prohibited bore in India?If its a NPB, then does anyone own this calibre?I have never seen one.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:14 am

Ashar, Congrats on a good buy.Long time since I saw a good handgun and you have my heartiest best.Enjoy your 357.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:27 am

HydNawab";p="17782 wrote: Thank you Mehul.I too love the .357 mag but havent really fired a .44 mag.Im sure the frame of the 44s are bigger than the .357mag.Is the .44 Mag a prohibited bore in India?If its a NPB, then does anyone own this calibre?I have never seen one.

Cheers

Ashar
.44 Mag is an NPB calibre. Only calibres which have been/ are being used by the security forces (military/ police/ para-military forces etc.) are classified as PB calibres.

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:39 am

Mehul, Is colt back with their anaconda?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:44 pm

Ashar,

These days when portability is a big thing, there are small 44 Mags being built but I have no idea who uses them. Smith and Wesson also have a 2" barreled version of their monster 500 though I personally can't think of what use one of them might be. I do like the 357 as I like revolvers and I find it noce to shoot with very little recoil even with hot handloads as loaded by some friends. And, if you check back on old posts here, I am definitely NOT fond of recoil myself.

Asif,

Unfortunately the Anaconda is not offered anymore by Colt. They discontinued the Python a long time ago but, perhaps, seeing that mega priced revolvers like the Korth and the Manurhin have been enjoying a steady market, began to offer their top model, the Python, as a custom shop option in a stainless version. Of course, Colt offer their single action in several calibres upto the 45 Long Colt but those are used by small game hunters and cowboy re-enactors.

Cheers!