ARMINIUS .32 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:06 pm

RP-
Arminius were a very popular 'Brand India' in Singapore in the 80's
250 Sing $ for a package deal of a 7 shot revolver, 25 rounds of no name ammo and airport transfer.
One I tried out,shot all over a 12 inch x 12 inch target at 25 yds, bench rested.No way I could get better groups than that. Please do try out a cylinder , at your cost if need be, before you plonk your money for it.

Badshah, I am vaguely beginning to understand a bit about your hypothesis -you say that the cartridge in a revolver slips backwards when its pointed 90 degrees up in the air? Please elaborate again.
May have been a one off occurence due to improper tolerances, but is this a repeatable exercise? applies to any revolver? I dont think so...
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: ARMINIUS .32 revolver

Post by badshah0522 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:08 pm

Dear AXX,
i meant When we load Ammo in revolver,they are slightly loose in the cylinder.so when we point the revolver towards sky they come back little,as there is a gap between cylinder and the frame(i am attacthing a picture to give u an idea).

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:23 pm

The story about revolver not firing when pointing upwards,concerns the Erma revolvers . The going price for these is around 1 Lakh (95,000-1,25,000/-)

penpusher

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:32 am

Hi, these ARMINIUS revolvers are not looking cheap. They are made by Weihrauch, Germany. They fire .22LR, .22WMR and our very own .32S&W Long bullets.

Lawman

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:40 am

"They fire .22LR, .22WMR and our very own .32S&W Long bullets."

But not in the same revolver.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:30 am

Right before the import ban these were standard fare handguns being brought in from Singapore

Best

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:58 am

Yes Grumpy, you are right.

Lawman

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:36 pm

In my opinion the revolvers are not very durable and are also cheap.
A guy here is ready to sell it at one lack INR but even then he is not getting the desired response.
i have fired about 14 rounds from it and the weapon wasn't able to leave a mark.
Its much better to go for an IOF .32 than an Arminius.

Regards

Rudra
POWER RISES FROM THE BARREL OF A GUN :twisted:

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:38 pm

Arminus has always been very popular in India,value for money hand

guns,when one compares there price with a S & W,Colt,Ruger etc.

Sanjay

Rudra
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rudra » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:40 pm

"compares there price with a S & W,Colt,Ruger etc.'

They cannot be compared with these models.

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 pm

Weihrauch is a good brand. They make worldclass airguns and also has good and long experience of firearms making. So, Rudra, is it practical to say that IOF is a better option than Weihrauch Arminius.

Lawman

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:05 pm

Rudra";p="29451 wrote: In my opinion the revolvers are not very durable and are also cheap.
A guy here is ready to sell it at one lack INR but even then he is not getting the desired response.
i have fired about 14 rounds from it and the weapon wasn't able to leave a mark.
Its much better to go for an IOF .32 than an Arminius.

Regards

Rudra
Rudra,

My paternal uncle has one of these (.32 S&W Long), and I have "tried it out" several times - these are good revolvers, much better IMHO than the turn of the century Webley designs. As to accuracy, it's as good (or as bad) as any other similar sized revolver... keep in mind these are NOT intended to be target grade guns and are intended PURELY for self defence with expected range of typical use of up to 15 or so yards... at which range it would not be difficult at all to hit a man sized target...

As to their reputation as NOT being strudy enough, well it's a load of hogwash! This rumour stems purely from the use of unconventional materials in the manufacture of this gun, and has no basis on any documented evidence whatsoever. If unconventional materials made guns fragile, then Glock and H&K pistols would be blowing up in the faces of their users all the time... as they use polymers extensively in their construction!! :P

As to the makers repute, well Weihrauch, Germany is not a "known" brand name on the handgun scene BUT they have an excellent overall reputation for their standards of quality. As Sanjay says this is an EXCELLENT bargain revolver in the Indian market. I would happily pick one of these up for circa 1 lac in stead of either the IOF revolver OR the more much much more expensive American or British made revolvers...

My $0.02....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:39 pm

The modern Arminius revolvers are pretty good......I`m just wondering if there is a mix-up with pre-WWII Arminius revolvers which were NOT made by Weihrauch and were ( and still are ) cheap junk

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Grumpy";p="29482 wrote: The modern Arminius revolvers are pretty good......I`m just wondering if there is a mix-up with pre-WWII Arminius revolvers which were NOT made by Weihrauch and were ( and still are ) cheap junk
Nopes, these ones floating around are alloy framed ones which I'm pretty certain are 1970's-80's vintage....

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:27 pm

Last edited by art_collector on Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.