performance of .30 chinese pistols for purchase consideratio

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Lever Action
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

performance of .30 chinese pistols for purchase consideratio

Post by Lever Action » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:29 pm

Dear All,
Can some body provide feedback about .30 chinese star pistol and ammunition ,i am planning to buy the same.

Lever Action

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: performance of .30 chinese pistols for purchase consider

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi lever action,

Please check before u buy a 30 chinese pistol.
A recent order by army prohibits its sale to non entitled person.... .... so get the clarrifications before u buy one.

AC

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:57 pm

.30 is a NPB, just ensure it is a legitimate piece wrt Chinese.The army has little or nothing to do with sale of this Cal handguns in the market.Look at some of the European maufacturers as well.
Sanjay

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi Sanjay,

Just called up my frend who told me about the order. Ill try and get the exact Army Hq Order. Why buy something for which clarity regarding purchase is not there...and its a recent order...so prior to the order people have been buying and selling 30 pistols ... and yaa it is a NPB weapon.

AC

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:40 pm

AC,
The Army Order perhaps must be one that prevents Army personell serving/ retired (???) from selling the NSP weapons that are alloted to them.Cause in the past many have done that.
Buy a pistol for 150/- and sell for 150000/-
Otherwise .30 handguns are available in the market.
Sanjay

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:45 pm

Hello guys!

I have tried the chinese M-20 and it shoots remarkably well. Action and feeding is also smooth although getting a proper grip on the slide is a bit difficult.

One tends to grab the entire slide at the front end and this is dangerous!

As far as looks go, its got to be the ugliest handgun I have seen. But my friend has two of them between him and his father and he swears by it.

Jonah.
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:19 pm

The .30 Chinese M20 is arguably the most common handgun among the 'anti-nationals' east, west, north, south. It doesn't have to be a superb weapon, but like the AK it is available cheap and easy. This fact and also that this weapon doesn't merit legit demand for import can only imply(as I perceive) one thing- the pieces appearing the the legit market are quite possibly those formerly alloted to military, ex-military or law-enforcement personnel...perhaps even malkhana pieces. Regulations are flouted so nonchalantly by the authority-big dealer nexus...what can one say?

To me, every second user deal with an M20 (minus the "anti national" 1st hand phase) is shady. I apologise to those who do have really legitimate pieces nevertheless. Forgive me if I'm being a little too judgemental.

As regards the actual weapon, jonah has pinned it pretty much correctly. Thoroughly ugly, somewhat over powerful ammo...If you are really going for it... make sure you have an assured supply of ammo.... Mauser 7.63 ammo will work amply if chinese fodder is unavailable (btw I wonder what the import channel for chinese ammo is?)

Jonah, just for the heck of it here's a pic of an M20 I spiffed up for an officer some years back. Used Swiss W/B Blue, did a wrap-around walnut stock in a bid to un-uglify it, and fabricated a safetycatch for it. The blue in the pic is after 3 years of moderate usage. Just love the rust blue.

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:30 pm

Great stuff Cottage Cheese!
You are a man after my own heart. I can see you tried to do something about the grip of the M20 that I love to hate so much. Your handiwork almost makes it look acceptable.
Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:30 am

The Tokarev design is a rip off of the Browning 1911 and 1935 designs but it worked well and is still a reliable pistol though well outdated these days. In India, unfortunately, it would have to serve those who do not otherwise have a choice. The round offers good penetration though it is a small bore and may not quite work as a manstopper in an emergency. The locked breech design - neccessary on a powerful round as the Tokarev makes it accurate and reliable.

Shoot one if you find any on sale and if you like it, buy it. It would be more reliable and powerful than a Walther PPK or Mauser HSC though less safe because the original RUssian version didn't have any safety. I don;t know if the Chinese updated the design by adding a safety catch.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:42 am

Hi,

30 chinese are weapons confisicated from the terrorists /or are used by insurgents. Bulk of them come from COD , Jabalpur who issues them to armed force personnel at a nominal price of Rs. 185/- each. The army guys have had the weapons endorsed on their arms licences from where they have ended into the open market.

However , a new army headquarter order prohibits sale of the NSP weapons to Arms Dealers or any person not entitled to get a NSP weapon allotted.

AC

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:56 am

A nice pistol ,,But i recently heard that a Geo has been passed that it is now under PB cetagory.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:12 pm

I can see no other sensible impetus for any civilian party to purchase and import Chinese military hardware. By now the government would be in possession of many truck loads of these sieved and captured pistols(not to mention AKs). This enables the government to offer 'welfare' measures for its defenders at next to no cost. Can you imagine if the OFB was required to burden itself with additional volume manufacture of its abominable contraptions?

Just the other day, a recently retired army officer came in and handed in his Mint M20 for general maintainence (too lazy to do it himself or not adequately trained? :) ) The odd thing is thsi piece came threaded for a supressor.

Mehul, Norinco is pusing pretty strong on the 'civil' sector. I was recently shown two seized peces by an officer. These were updated M20s, beautifully blued with swinging safety catches, contoured plastic walnut simulated grips and adjustable sights. These were in 9mm however and were as recall M20Es or M213...something like that. I'll try to ask him to allow me to photograph these things. They are still pretty ugly.

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:46 pm

hi lever action i have a 30 chinese pistol and i have had it refurbished you can see the pictures here:
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... +overunder
it is a very powerful handgun and a pleasure to use.
the ammo is easily available
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Lever Action
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lever Action » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi,
Vishosingh,
You will be surprised to know that after seeing pitcures of your pistol i have posted this quetion about its performance and wanted to have one ,can you tell me its market price and if some other .30 pistols are there except chinese models .

Lever Action.

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:14 pm

hi lever action
from what i know is that this particular pistol was the russian answer to the mauser,it was designed by a general of the russian army named tokarev, it has now been replaced in the russian army due to its high velocity. the manufacturing was outsourced to china.
the current market price of a legitimate 30 is above rs 3 lacs.
the moderators can correct me if any of this info is not factual.
regards
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.