Should I buy a S&W-686 or a Colt King Cobra ?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Dipendra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Should I buy a S&W-686 or a Colt King Cobra ?

Post by Dipendra » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:14 am

Hey folks I am new in here and this is my first post so please help me out :).- Recently I got a chance to buy S&W 686 SS 4"inch or a colt King Cobra 6"inch from a friend of mine in the RSS. Both are in near perfect condition except the colt has a slight scratch on side plate. Both lock up tight, trigger on the colt to me feels a little smoother. Yes i know what ever feels better in my hand but other opinions are welcome. I was planning on buying a S&W 686, but then the python prices ( too high for me ) brought the king cobra to my attention. I don't really know anything about the king cobra, nor have I had the opportunity to handle one. I do prefer the way it looks to the 686 though .. sort of python-esque, as it were. They seem to be attainable for basically the same price range. So, I'd appreciate it if those of you with more revolver knowledge than I would let me know which might be more desirable. And please say why you made that choice !
Last edited by Dipendra on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Should I buy a S&W-686 or a Colt King Cobra ?

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Both are exceptional guns.... I am a s&W fan so i love teh 686. However the Colt is a rarer piece and was made in ss only ... easy to maintain compared to a blued gun.It will hold more value and appreciate better in longer run.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357