Which Is the Best .32 Revolver on Earth

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
hdn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by hdn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Dear All Friends,
As I received a new License In Delhi And would like to Purchase One of the Best Revolver (Brand New) on Earth, I will appreciate if you all will help me in finding the Same from India as well in abroad.
As I have Budget of Over 10 Lac For the Same So Price is Not a Problems for Me., Pls Advice
HDN
:)

For Advertising mail webmaster
    shooter
    Old Timer
    Old Timer

Re: Which Is the Best .32 Revolver on Earth

Post by shooter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 pm

And i declare the games open..........

dear hdn

when you say the best, do you mean:

most accurate,

reliable

expensive

pretty (meaning gold plated jewel encrusted etc bling)

well known so you can brag about in delhi circles

an investment

collectors item

or something else?

please also refer to:

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=9376
    You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

ravineet
    Learning the ropes
    Learning the ropes

Post by ravineet » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:57 pm

IOF Revolver. Because I don't have access to other.

mundaire
    We post a lot
    We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Ans: One which you own and in whose safe & effective use you are proficient.
    Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
    Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

The Doc
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:11 pm

hdn wrote: would like to Purchase One of the Best Revolver (Brand New) on Earth,
    I have Budget of Over 10 Lac For the Same So Price is Not a Problems for Me.
    First you said that you were considering buying a Custom's confiscated handgun from Delhi Customs by exploiting certain loopholes . http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8491

Then you received some information that within few months Government of India is lifting the restriction of import of Foreign Made Weapons of NPB, for a period of One Year.
    http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 5&start=30

I am sorry to be the bearer of the bad news mate but according to me none of the above is likely to happen in case you are a "aam aadmi"(common man) like most of us on this forum.

One of the best revolvers ? Well I would suggest Korth . :mrgreen:
    http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Re ... volver.htm

However there are different brands available in the market , IOF made and imported , new and used . See what fits your hand and budget , easy ammo availability and concealed carry ease . It would be a good idea to read the "Handguns" section of IFG , there is a wealth of knowledge there . Most of all please pay serious attention to mundaire's advice .

good luck,

Rp.
    Last edited by The Doc on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

hdn
    Learning the ropes
    Learning the ropes

Post by hdn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:34 am

Dear

Most reliable revolver
    HDN

-- Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:44 pm --

Dear RP,
    Thanks for the Korth link
    HDN

However there are different brands available in the market , IOF made and imported , new and used . See what fits your hand and budget , easy ammo availability and concealed carry ease . It would be a good idea to read the "Handguns" section of IFG , there is a wealth of knowledge there . Most of all please pay serious attention to mundaire's advice .

good luck,

Rp.[/quote]

casual shooter
    Almost at nirvana
    Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:45 pm

KORTH

timmy
    Old Timer
    Old Timer

Post by timmy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Since nobody expects anything different from me, I will not disappoint:

Colt Police Positive in .32 Colt New Police
    “There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

grewal
    One of Us (Nirvana)
    One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 pm

What's the fun in knowing that which is the best revolver on earth. Even if you know , for instance Korth. Now what can you do? . Can you buy it . No ... A big No. Even if you double your budget , even then you wont be able to buy one in India. So chill man and either but a .32 IOF or buy any secondhand piece from the market.
    Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

dsingh
    Almost at nirvana
    Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:40 pm

Regards to all,
    If one considers striking power weight accuracy then it is colt as I have seen it and held for few moments from a Nihang in hola mohaalla as that person happens to be known and a client of my friend. It was a very light like a baby toy. I have seen webly and smith but smith is nowhere near the quality of colt I have no hesitation in admitting this some may contradicts but it is truth. As far as as safety is concerned then webley or our home product iof is better. As us relvolvers have ready to shoot mechanism it needs precautions.So webley and iof have better locking system and r safe. So my advice is to all is to go for webley or iof another striking point in colt revolver is it is very lethal and easiest to shoot but only negative point is loose locking system or no locking system.Other wise it is much ahead in other aspects.
    regards

hvj1
    Eminent IFG'an
    Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Hello Hdn
    First and foremost congratulations on securing a firearm license. It is not impossible to get the best .32 revolver on earth, provided you can swing it through the TR route. The other option is to become a renown shot in Center fire events, then apply for an import license for the korth. This option will take you at least 4-5 years, assuming you have the talent.Otherwise you will have to pick the best available in the Indian Market, which are pre 1984 vintage.
    Coming to the discussion, which is the best revolver in .32, there again opinions may be diverse and contrary. Nevertheless, the KORTH, is really some piece of work, the price around Rs2.0 lacs, (in U.S.) justifies the cost when compared to quality, durability, accuracy and features available.
    I have my own dream too, like you, I am working towards it and hope to secure it.
    All the very best.
    Regards

-- Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 pm --
    dsingh wrote:If one considers striking power weight accuracy then it is colt
    Hello dsingh,
    This is indeed an intriguing statement, let us take three revolvers, all three are chambered for the .32 , and are loaded with standard .32 cartridges with standard loads in each. All three have the same barrel lengths (say 6 inches?), Assuming that the three revolvers are the colt, the webley and IOF (just for sake of discussion we assume that all three revolvers have 6 inches barrel). Could you tell me how the colt will have more STRIKING POWER' than the other two? Please remember that we are not talking about weight or accuracy here - just 'striking power' only.
    Regards

rover12
    On the way to nirvana
    On the way to nirvana

Post by rover12 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Best Revolver(Brand New) on Earth...? The one in your hand when you need it the most!

captrakshitsharma
    Shooting true
    Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Only new revolvers u get are IOF. Import was stopped in 80's so u may get a Almost new in box condition hand gun but not 'brand new".Common brands are Colt(rare and most expensive), S&W more commonly available and equally good if not better than colt, webley scott...lesser premium ones like Star and Arminius are also available for 2- 3 lakhs.
    If u do wanna spend top rupee go to sharda arms in new delhi (he is in the raja garden area)besides other good stock he had in stock a S&W steel finished k frame .357 t wired ramp sight and all... around 11lakhs (if i m not wrong ,its been an year since my last visit... )....
    i think this is what i'd get if i did wanna speend that kinda money and concealment is not an issue. it is a K frame and has a 4 inch barrel.... no to mention the most powerful NPB calibre handgun in India... otherwise a S&W .32 snubbie be a good bet at around 5 lakhs....colt would be 6-6.5 and infamous bably iskaat (webley scott)for 4lakhs.
    Enjoy shopping... :cheers:
    I dont dial 911... I dial .357

vrohan59
    Almost at nirvana
    Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Don't know about you all,but my sympathies lie with the Arminius HW3 :D
    :cheers:
    Rohan
    War does not define who is right -- only who is left
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

The Doc
    Veteran
    Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:13 am

captrakshitsharma wrote: infamous bably iskaat (webley scott)
    Why infamous ? :shock:
    It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !