Subash Chander Bose Pistols

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Subash Chander Bose Pistols

Post by Sakobav » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:57 am

Stumbeled upon this article , scroll down it states the guns belonged to Bose..

eth Tarlok Singh Chawla, former personal secretary to Netaji, has two great relics of the Freedom Movement — Netaji’s two pistols. Earlier, he had refused to part with the pistols that were given to him personally by Netaji before leaving for Singapore, where he intended to surrender.

Thailand honoured Seth Tarlok Singh with the ‘White Elephant Award’, the highest civilian award of the country, and the ‘Golden Crown’, while there has been no such move by the India Government.

During his current visit to Amritsar, Seth Chawla alleged that the Government of India had failed to give due recognition to members of the INA.
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060810/aplus.htm#1

Revolver looks like a Colt

Pistol unable to guess

Rgds

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:49 am

Baby Browning or Colt, in .25 is the best I can venture-Yes the Revolver looks like a colt
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Subash Chander Bose Pistols

Post by danish21 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:36 pm

Asif

After reading ur accurate guess i became your fan. ;) What a perfect guess... i give u 10 on 10. :)

Displaying the rusty Colt .32 and FN .635, Chawla says, ``Netaji
usually carried only one pistol, I know very well. But when he
retreated from Rangoon to Bangkok with the Rani Jhansi Brigade, he
carried one more. He told me he was going to Singapore, and asked
me to keep the pistols till we meet again -- in the Red Fort.''

On a visit to Thailand, Indira Gandhi had asked Chawla to give the
weapons to the National Museum in Delhi. ``But I didn't want to
part with them for sentimental reasons.''

http://www.media-watch.org/articles/0300/55.html

Danish

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:05 pm

Thanks for this excellent post.

To me, as an Indian, these are the most valuable guns in the world. Following a little way behind is Lal Bahadur Shastri's revolver which is with a museum at his home.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:21 pm

mehulkamdar";p="10545 wrote: Thanks for this excellent post.

To me, as an Indian, these are the most valuable guns in the world. Following a little way behind is Lal Bahadur Shastri's revolver which is with a museum at his home.
Lal Bahadur Shastri had a revolver :shock: :shock:. This just emphasizes the point that gun owners are not hot headed. Even a calm and cool person like LBS kept a gun.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:43 am

Inder,
It takes all sorts to be gunowners-after coming to this part of India,all my previously held beliefs went for a six...so, a gun owner is NOT all things nice-most time, he is , well, just that-doesent care what he owns or how much sales tax he evades or how many red lights he cuts...This is the baad rep we are hopefully trying to change here.The common perception is people who have /own guns are killers, bad guys, short tempered-constantly stoked by the media-of high profile people like the mahajans and now Wadias...What ever the gun, who ever the person, the general feeling is- a licenced gun owner, having being vetted by the government, must be a decent/responsible citizen...holds good most times, but the world constantly revolves around the bad apples.Now the nithari killer is found to be a licenced gun owner-we guys must be prepared for flak!
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:10 am

I have the same .25 Baby Browning. A very neat little pistol.

Netaji's pistols have a very high historical and archivial value of course. Where are they preserved now ? Is there a museum in Calcutta dedicated to him ?