IOF .22 revolver

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: IOF .22 revolver

Post by tarzanboy73 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 am

Just saw an IOF .22 2009 model at a dealer....looked great......

T

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Sorry to interrupt into the ongoing discussion going on between choice of .22 &.32. I do not mean to be rude, but I am really surprised why tarzanboy73 is a great fan of .22.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=515602
http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm

Yes it is another matter in India as we don't have much of a choice for higher caliber handguns, but given the background of tarzanboy73, he should be persistent enough for getting license for the so called PB handgun. I do not understand why, if the same person can be trusted by the government with a so called PB firearm while wearing government uniform, why he can't be trusted when wearing civilian clothes?

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:19 pm

goodboy_mentor,
To split hairs-
there's no such thing as 'so called PB'- its like being half pregnant.
You like apples, he likes cherries.
(Just like your choice of authoritative [italics mine]forums is a white superiority group...)
22?
Its easier to buy ammo, and resale value is good.
How many of us, regardless of our body count in Marcos/SPG/ NSg/XYZ would go around popping people in civilian life?
With a PB, I think you are stuck for life or hellfire and damnation, which ever is longer :evil:
Actually, when push comes to shove, 32 is no better.I know of a real life incident where a man got 3x .32 in his belly and drove his friend, also shot, a distance of 9km, to the nearest hospital.Funny how bullets perform under adrenaline.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:55 pm

eljefe,

I fully understand your views. As far as stating PB as "so called PB", it is because personally I am against this PB concept forced upon us by our British rulers, and carried forward by our own government. British had a reason- they were ruling a colony and were scared that Indian soldiers in armed forces sympathetic to the freedom fighters and hostile civilian population may supply their cartridges during any future "rebellion" by the native population. Therefore in order to ensure cartridges used by armed forces do not fit into the firearms held by civilian population, they started this PB and NPB.

Times have changed, but our government still does not trust our armed forces for some obscure reason, probably because of lack of clear thinking. Terrorists/naxals etc. operating in our country are not getting their supply of arms/ammunition from our armed forces, nor are they dependent on "licenses" issued by the government. They have access to the latest weapons supplied by hostile countries in the neighborhood.

Ballistically PB cartridges are not necessarily superior to NPB cartridges. Example 30-06 is NPB, is ballistically similar to PB 7.62x51. So I do not understand what you intend to mean, when you state "How many of us, regardless of our body count in Marcos/SPG/ NSg/XYZ would go around popping people in civilian life? "

It is fine if you subscribe to, and accept the concept of PB and NPB forced upon our nation by the British to control us as a colony, and continued by our government, but I beg to differ.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Tarzanboy,

The problems with the .22 revolver are mainly because of the use of allu. alloy in making the cylinder.I am sure some one with the right tools and knowhow can duplicate it in steel.No need for fluting the cylinder.Would make it easier to fabricate.

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Guys I have to reply to this......

Firstly ,I wish I could buy a Glock or a Baby Desert Eagle....NO handgun below that calibre is used by any of my military friends( abroad) off duty.....but I cant get either without tons of bureaucratic hassles.

If we could, all armed forces personnel would roam around with our service arms off duty....then again we cant, unless deployed in certain areas.....certainly not everywhere.

I agree with the reasons put forth about the Brits denying the local populace arms. And that the rules are too archaic to be used now.

as far as the .22 rev goes, I just want that ....I like it ....I will definitely try my best to get a NSP weapon. till then this will have to do. Us poor faujis cant think of paying the prices for better weapons that i have seen on this forum :D ...too expensive .....btw the .22 silenced pistol is the weapon of choice in many SF's for short range silenced killing...dogs, sentries etc

and the adrenaline point is bang on....if u are well trained, have the necessary skill and agression and know how to react...its different....combat shooting is an art. cover , concealment, knowing when to draw, when to fire, when NOT to fire but manoeuvre instead ,can make a difference.

In any case the 2009 model of the rev really looked good..... :D

cheers

T

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:35 am

So, no more comments? I should get one? .22 rev that is. Am trying to keep this thread alive till i get my license..... :D

Man , it takes a lot of time ..........

cheers

T

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:eljefe,

I fully understand your views. As far as stating PB as "so called PB", it is because personally I am against this PB concept forced upon us by our British rulers, and carried forward by our own government. British had a reason- they were ruling a colony and were scared that Indian soldiers in armed forces sympathetic to the freedom fighters and hostile civilian population may supply their cartridges during any future "rebellion" by the native population. Therefore in order to ensure cartridges used by armed forces do not fit into the firearms held by civilian population, they started this PB and NPB.

Times have changed, but our government still does not trust our armed forces for some obscure reason, probably because of lack of clear thinking. Terrorists/naxals etc. operating in our country are not getting their supply of arms/ammunition from our armed forces, nor are they dependent on "licenses" issued by the government. They have access to the latest weapons supplied by hostile countries in the neighborhood.

Ballistically PB cartridges are not necessarily superior to NPB cartridges. Example 30-06 is NPB, is ballistically similar to PB 7.62x51. So I do not understand what you intend to mean, when you state "How many of us, regardless of our body count in Marcos/SPG/ NSg/XYZ would go around popping people in civilian life? "

It is fine if you subscribe to, and accept the concept of PB and NPB forced upon our nation by the British to control us as a colony, and continued by our government, but I beg to differ.
A bit OT, apologies at the outset-

Actually, I do not subscribe to the harassment we Indian CITIZENS get at the hands of the bureacracy-I am sure I would have had a licence renewed easily under the British when I have been a licence holder for 23 yrs, but here's what the the DCP lic said (because of my Muslim name?)
''oh, we thought you were a terrorist and did'nt renew." yes, its real life! I probably pay more tax than his theiving highness, who is the real (economic) terrorist -probably issues all sorts of funny papers for a bribe...

ballistics wise, i am told the 7.62x51 aka 308 was pushed down the throat of the NATO by the US bean counters- an upstanding example of ''weighs less, more ammo can be carried'' doctrine, the 308 seems to be ahead of the pack vide its popularity in int'l matches like palma etc, but I still feel it has a 'rainbow trjectory' otherwise, has done its share of work, in war and peace.
PB cartridges need not be superior to their NPB counterparts-the current 5.56 INSAS is waay down the scale wrt a 303 or 308 and definitely not on the map when compared to a civilian legal 458 Win Mag!
We gun owners have for too long been a submissive lot, accepting all the nonsense thrown our way -all in the name of national security, made by some babu, whose biggest to existence is will-i-get -my-hafta-on-time.
What I meant with the statement about "...how many of us..." is; a PB is a bad thing to own in todays times. -In civilian life, if you pull out a firearm and use it, its a major catastrophe.and the 22 and 32 have been proven mankillers.So, if someone is going to go in for a 22 or a 32 handgun, regardless of his/her shootingd /armed forces background-whether a pro with a 3 and 4 letter agencies, or a rookie,its more for a mental comfort, rather than go to a gunfight;PB? you have major taklifs, cant sell it for love or money, if used to defend one's self, you go to jail until proved innocent,funny thing the interpretation of the law... oh, no way I support the PB and NPB concept-Next time, lets go and ask our MP about RKBA, i think the tele[phone and LPG gas allotment sifarish days are over?

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:52 pm

eljefe wrote:Actually, I do not subscribe to the harassment we Indian CITIZENS get at the hands of the bureacracy-I am sure I would have had a licence renewed easily under the British when I have been a licence holder for 23 yrs, but here's what the the DCP lic said (because of my Muslim name?)
''oh, we thought you were a terrorist and did'nt renew." yes, its real life! I probably pay more tax than his theiving highness, who is the real (economic) terrorist -probably issues all sorts of funny papers for a bribe...
Are you serious??? thats f....outrageous!!!! What can one say!!!!Lord deliver us from such people.........

cheers

T

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Tarzanboy: For a Fauji you dissapoint me.

Why?

Glocks and Desert Eagles come in a dozen calibers.. and the latter is not really used by any Govt Agency. So what caliber or calibers are you refering to? The Desert Eagle IMHO like the Glocks are over rated, and especially the former when chambered for .50 AE is really an overkill. I am not a fan of either.

The six shooters in most of the Spagetti Westerns were either BP cap and ball revolvers, or early cartridge conversions of the same.

Dont diss the .22, which has probably killed more than any other caliber in history.

Eljefee: The renewal story is hilarious... how many terrorists would use a licensed firearm?

tarzanboy73
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by tarzanboy73 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:09 pm

tarzanboy73 wrote:Tarzanboy: For a Fauji you dissapoint me.

Why?

Glocks and Desert Eagles come in a dozen calibers.. and the latter is not really used by any Govt Agency. So what caliber or calibers are you refering to? The Desert Eagle IMHO like the Glocks are over rated, and especially the former when chambered for .50 AE is really an overkill. I am not a fan of either.

The six shooters in most of the Spagetti Westerns were either BP cap and ball revolvers, or early cartridge conversions of the same.

Dont diss the .22, which has probably killed more than any other caliber in history.
He He ....the thread is alive again!!! :D

MoA, why am I disappointing you?

Never said glocks and desert eagles are used by all and sundry, was referring to some guys I know in other countries who carry them............just would have liked one.........looks cool....the desert eagle that is....or maybe a mini beretta , or a magnum revolver.......... or all of them!!!just day dreaming man!!!

And , hey I am the guy defending the .22 !!! :wink: I am going to buy one of them.......soon as I get my license that is......

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Good luck with the .22 I like the caliber.

The only issue I have with it in a hand gun, is getting it to cycle properly with the suppressor and sub sonic ammo.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:20 pm

MoA wrote:The only issue I have with it in a hand gun, is getting it to cycle properly with the suppressor and sub sonic ammo.
Not an issue with a .22 revolver

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:08 pm

Go for it T , as a 22 user, i like it lots, so as MoA says, dont diss it, aluminium cylinder or whatever, its your puppy and you'll soon learn to use it to its full potential.
yeah, the renewal story is true... I didnt have the heart to tell the retard about the licenced terrorist' ' and he delayed it another year for telling him i pay more tax than him... yeah, woh kahani phir sahi

Hey MoA the quickload is awesome

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:17 am

Winnie: Then again a suppressor on a revolver doesnt really supress... :)

Eljefee: QL is the only way to handload... :cheers: