Nirbheek or Mark IV which one is better...

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
kumudmth
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Nirbheek or Mark IV which one is better...

Post by kumudmth » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Hey finds..
Can anyone please suggest me which revolver is better on overall parameters viz. Range, body.. Weight.. Material... Price.. Etc. Please suggest which one is better IOF.32 NIRBHEEK or Mark IV.

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Nirbheek or Mark IV which one is better...

Post by mundaire » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Nirbheek IIRC is made of Titanium, which only adds to the cost without offering any real improvements. I'd go for the (much cheaper) Mark IV.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dankapoor
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dankapoor » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:34 pm

Hlo guys what's the price for nirbheek ?? Mark 4 goes around 90k in punjab
Cheers
Danish

HAPPYREDDY
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by HAPPYREDDY » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:40 pm

I think both are same

sudeep88
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sudeep88 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:59 am

What are the key differences between IOF Mk III & Mk IV?

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:23 pm

The revolvers have their own problems get the Ashani pistol. Seems smoother and the new ones are more reliable.
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:39 am

sudeep88 wrote:What are the key differences between IOF Mk III & Mk IV?
Mark IV has chrome barrel and the barrel is also thicker than the mk III.

Added in 1 minute 47 seconds:
dankapoor wrote:Hlo guys what's the price for nirbheek ?? Mark 4 goes around 90k in punjab
Cheers
Danish
Nirbheek is priced around 1.30 L.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

nbk3y7k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nbk3y7k » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Go gor Mark IV revolver. Awesome metallurgy.... after little modification , it will look awesome ... has a chrome barrel, better and smooth mechanism. A good gunsmith can make its mechanism similar to that of Webley.
A good value for money.

Posting my revolver pic .... for a quick view..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
RR

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:21 am

I was researching on buying one for myself. After discussions with friends here in Punjab and local gunseller i discovered Mark1 is a prefferable choice manufactured before 2006. It is suggested they had a more resemblence of working mechanism with webley while a spring system was introduced post 2006 in IOF revolvers which sometimes result in malfunction of revolver after few fires. Maybe someone can elaborate the topic.
Regards
Ajaaybeer

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 pm

In Mark I, the mainspring used was of a leaf spring design (same as on the Enfield revolver of which it is a copy). In later models this has been changed to a coil spring. The advantage of the leaf spring is that it (usually) offers a better trigger pull, the advantage of the coil spring is that it (usually) lasts much longer than the leaf spring (mean time to failure).

So in reality, the later models should have fewer malfunctions as compared to the earlier Mark I model.

Dealers will always praise what they have in stock and / or items on which they can make a bigger profit margin.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm

To Abhijit

Thanks for your valuable input and sparing your valuable time.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Since there has been repeated mention of Mark3 and Mark4 IOF revolvers and suggeations to get them modified like webley, it wont be inappropriate to share pics of .38 Mark3 webley and .32 Mark4 webley if someone wants modification to their IOFs. Here are orignal pics for better comparison.
Regards
Ajaaybeer
Faridkot,Pb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:33 pm

mundaire wrote:In Mark I, the mainspring used was of a leaf spring design (same as on the Enfield revolver of which it is a copy). In later models this has been changed to a coil spring. The advantage of the leaf spring is that it (usually) offers a better trigger pull, the advantage of the coil spring is that it (usually) lasts much longer than the leaf spring (mean time to failure).

So in reality, the later models should have fewer malfunctions as compared to the earlier Mark I model.

Dealers will always praise what they have in stock and / or items on which they can make a bigger profit margin.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Quoting the above reply, i had a further discussion with a friend who insisted on the fact that 2 or 3 close friends had suffered a failure of coil spring mechanism. One person suffered a failure of revolver due to breakage of spring while the trigger efficiency suffers due to weakening of coil spring which may malfunction after a few fires as compared to leaf spring which doesnot suffer because of any such problems. I am writing this so that i may gather more info on this. Or kindly start a new thread on this.

Cheers
Ajaaybeer

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:01 am

sudeep88 wrote:What are the key differences between IOF Mk III & Mk IV?
I tried to answer this earlier also but i got deviated from main topic. As far as mechanism is concerned i dont feel there is any considerable change in Mark3 and Mark4 iof. So i suggest you to compare Mark1 with Mark3/Mark4, now i am attaching photos sourced from internet for better explanation . There is this Mark1 indian ordinance with leaf spring mechanism which i personally feel is better then coil spring mechanism. Mark1 was available till 2006 i suppose . After that the revolvers were made with coil spring which have their own pros and cons. We here in our friend circle in Punjab preach that leaf spring has lesser chances of failure as compared to coil spring . We might be wrong but this is our belief. And we are flexible to change our belief if we are convinced of the vice versa.

Thumbs-up
A.S Sandhu

kuduku
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kuduku » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 pm

nbk3y7k wrote:Go gor Mark IV revolver. Awesome metallurgy.... after little modification , it will look awesome ... has a chrome barrel, better and smooth mechanism. A good gunsmith can make its mechanism similar to that of Webley.
A good value for money.

Posting my revolver pic .... for a quick view..
My Mark IV firing mechanism is very hard , need to get it modified so that it smooth .
As you mentioned similar to webley . Approx much much dis the trigger mechanism work cost you