Import of personally owned handgun and Rifle

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Import of personally owned handgun and Rifle

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:47 pm

indiaone,
i know these realities well. Leo himself said that he is ready to buy a NPB Cal over Us and will shift to India after one year. Of Course AL is a Primary requirement which Leo need to Manage from his residence state. I also do Agree with you that Getting an Arms license is tough but not impossible.

I am not sure about west Bengal as I was never lived there except visits for official purpose. I am from jharkhand and my family have three Arms license, all were issued from then Bihar state. though now the state is changed after Jharkhand was created on 2000 but not a single problem we have encountered yet. Fresh license Also issued to the best of my knowledge.
regards
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
birbrar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by birbrar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:13 am

It was banned in 80's

Sent from my LS-5015 using Tapatalk
Rebel 8)

Leo
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Leo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I do satisfy 1 year condition for all my firearms and I plan to come back only after 2 years, so new purchases should also work (Trying to plan ahead). I do have NRI status. State may be an issue. I'll start with my home state for import (still have some channels there), but may need to move to another state later. I am tending towards 0.40 S&W or 0.357 magnum. What would be imported ammo price for these? I'll keep travelling internationally, so can I buy them when I go to US. Also can I get the license for importing 250 rounds?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Never seen .40 S&W ammo with any arms dealer here, as to .357 magnum revolver rounds, a friend recently bought a few for ₹2,000/- per round. AFAIK you can import 50 rounds of ammo as baggage when returning from overseas (applies to anyone who has a valid arms license in India), see Indian customs baggage rules for details.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 am

ammo is going to be a major problem, if you plan to buy a handgun locally, please check out the price to avoid disappointment.
get your Indian license in place first, the rest is easy.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:53 am

nagarifle wrote: get your Indian license in place first, the rest is easy.
Is there any way to get an Indian arms license while staying in US or during a short temporary visit to India?

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:49 am

not from overseas, try for one while here in India, the system is such that there is no guarantee? there is no standard system in practice for issue of license, the law and the acts are there but practice is not, each state does as it wants. if you come without the license in place then they will keep it in the customs storage, fees to pay, until you get a license.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.