A Piece of Advise for shot gun upgrade

Posts related to shotguns.
babaralig
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

A Piece of Advise for shot gun upgrade

Post by babaralig » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi ! Everyone, I need a advise from the exprienced members of the forum, I have 12 bore I Hollis but not in very great condition but still in very good firing condition, So i want to upgrade my short gun and looking to buy a foreign made short gun in mint condition. My budget is Rs 60000/-, i hope i can sell my I Hollis @ Rs 30 to 35 K and can put Rs 30 K more from my end to upgrade my weapon. Need help to
1. Sell my I Hollis
2. Please sugest some good short gun in a price range of Rs 60000/-, and from where can i get it ?
3. Is my budget suffient to buy a mint condition foreign made short gun with two piece ejector and if possible single selective trigger ?

My licence is from U.P and is valid for U.P only.

I have posted to sell my I Hollis on this forum as well but could not find any serious buyers.

please advise

Thanks & regards

B Khan

For Advertising mail webmaster
jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A Piece of Advise for short gun upgrade

Post by jaz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:36 pm

shoty in 60000 and that also in mint condition ,
above all selective trigger
:deadhorse:

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am

B Khan

This is going to be tough I can be wrong best bet in that range is IOF DBBL ( they are not made any more). Try calling Calcutta dealers while back had read that one could find good deals there. Another option will be a good english hammer gun. Good luck and do check the guns thoroughly prior to purchase.

Cheers

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Hammer guns never seem to fade away. I have a friend who owns one and it is in mint condition and doing very well too.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:22 pm

You might find a Baikal for that price or twenty more but it won't be a selective trigger. For that you will have to move into the Perazzi league or the Beretta League and those my friend cost about five or more lakhs.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:36 pm

:)
Last edited by The Doc on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Babar ,
am afraid you cant make it!
you may get 30-35k for your Hollis, but the rest of the stuff is...well, just not possible under the prevailing conditions today.
Even the ejectors, if they malfunction, can be a liability.
While i agree one needs no particular reason to own a fine /better weapon, i think you should try the jammu made O?U shottys, rather than go for a slightly better looking 'english' antique.Even the english arent buying 'English' any more-too damned expensive, and a whole lot of cheaper makers in the market-Spanish, Brazilian, Turkish-yeah, hatsan makes some very decent shotguns-are major players.
So, be prepared for some rude shocks as you explore the market :deadhorse:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."