Shaktiman 12gauge shotguns-Feedback requested

Posts related to shotguns.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Shaktiman 12gauge shotguns-Feedback requested

Post by eljefe » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:31 am

Need info from any one who has owned/fired a shaktiman 12 shotgun.
A member had earlier posted about ejectors not working on his brand new,folding stock model.Any one fired a dozen plus IOF birdshot out of a shaktiman?
I'm interested in a 12 , short barreled, pistol grip model.Intended purpose is home defense and no, I dont want to spend a lakh or more on a good double for this...rather keep the self opening or purdeys in the safe.And I dont want to buy a double 12 and do the various gol mal to shorten the barrel to 20".Saw this particular pistol grip model and thought it would be ideal for my purpose
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:02 am

Asif

Why dont you have a look at Dev's relative's single barrel BSA. WHy do you want to risk hit or miss in a dire situation?

All the best

Navdeep

shahid

Re: Shaktiman 12gauge shotguns-Feedback requested

Post by shahid » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:04 am

A crude, poorly finished unreliable gun for the security chap who sits on a stool outside shops in all Indian bazars nowdays.

Some of the better Munger makers like Girdari Lal & sons dish out better stuff.

The best Indian made gun I have ever seen till date is an O/U 12 Bore made by Izhar & Sons, Kashmere. Well it is actually a Lorena made with imported barells, only the action and stock was made in India. Double triggers, with 28' barells, so far it has performed flawless.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:50 am

The best Indian made gun I have ever seen till date is an O/U 12 Bore made by Izhar & Sons, Kashmere. Well it is actually a Lorena made with imported barells, only the action and stock was made in India.

Another fable.A good way for the manufacturer to sell his product and at a higher price than competition.

If the action is made in India,then it's not Lorena made.

Manufacturers are not allowed to import shotgun barrels.At best what they can do is to import tubes without chokes and without chamber(seamless tubes). The final finishing would have to be done by the manufacturer. So the quality would be totally dependent upon the manufacturer.
So what the manufacturer might have done is to import seamless tubes and then made barrels from it.Not Lorena made in any case.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:51 am

Do you guys mean Laurona or is there a manufacturer called Lorena?
Manufacturers are not allowed to import shotgun barrels.At best what they can do is to import tubes without chokes and without chamber(seamless tubes). The final finishing would have to be done by the manufacturer. So the quality would be totally dependent upon the manufacturer.
penpusher, does this apply to those IOF shotguns sold with imported barrels as well?

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:06 pm

[/quote] Do you guys mean Laurona or is there a manufacturer called Lorena?

Si, si.So now you expect the fellow(Izhar & Sons, Kashmere) to know these things :wink: All he has to do is to take an Italian sounding name to sell his guns :wink: Don't ask me about Kashmere now :lol:

[quote]penpusher, does this apply to those IOF shotguns sold with imported barrels as well?

Import restrictions do not apply to IOF.They import prototypes :roll: to manufacture(read make poor copies) firearms.These are then sold to ...... :wink:

Which IOF shotgun with imported barrels are you talking about:?: Just another story used by dealers to fleece gullible buyers.

penpusher

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:15 pm

hey sahid a pic of the izhar and son would be appreciated .
also some more details plese.
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:44 pm

Which IOF shotgun with imported barrels are you talking about:?: Just another story used by dealers to fleece gullible buyers.
Apparently there are two versions - BSA and from Belgium. Damned if I know which one is correct.

Will start another thread about one of these.

Mack The Knife

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:48 pm

Lourona might be the correct spelling. Action is definetely Indian. Barells definetely imported, either seamless tube or I guess complete barell itself. I don't think Izhar & sons would have the technology to manufacture O/U guns. Must have just assembled it and made the stock and action. Gun is in India. In Patna. Can post pics once I get there or I will ask somebody to do it.

My guys in India don't care about the internet much. They had computers about 4 years ago but seems it has gone out of fashion now. They have very high end Nikon SLR cameras, but do not care for the digital age yet. SO my guess is pics will come only when I am physically there in Bihar, Patna later this winter.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:19 am

Hey Visho

Can u post the photo of ur modern O/U ?

Danish