• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

Maher singh& sons jammu

Posts related to shotguns.
jaz

Maher singh& sons jammu

Postby jaz » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Friends ,
If any body in the forun knows that maher singh & sons are still manufacturing guns ,I need there contact numbers PM me .the one given in gunaccessory have changed.

Victory Ammunition Banner
grewal

Re: Maher singh& sons jammu

Postby grewal » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Mehar Singh Khurmi and Sons do manufacture shot guns, and their guns are considered to be one of the best guns manufactured in India today . One of his brother also manufacturers guns in the name of Khurmi Gun Works . Both the products are identical and are easily available at most of the gun stores across north India . And you need not to go to jammu to buy one . I have a 12 bore dbbl of this company from the last 7 years and never missed a single shot, my gun has a 30 inch barrel and the stock is of really fine wood and above all luckily the serial number is 44444 . These days the price has really gone down and is easily available for 15k whereas as I bought one for 26k.

Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana

jaz

Postby jaz » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Dear bro Grewal ,
I want to know maher singh's contact number as i want to inquire for o/u , some guys in Patiala told me that maher singh shotgun best desi o/u, but none local dealer stock accept sxs.

happyhunter

Postby happyhunter » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:12 pm

jaz wrote:Friends ,
If any body in the forun knows that maher singh & sons are still manufacturing guns ,I need there contact numbers PM me .the one given in gunaccessory have changed.

Wait a bit and you shall get it,dear. 8)

Beware that you do not lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. Aesop fables(ca.550BC)

goodboy_mentor

Postby goodboy_mentor » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:09 pm

I would be grateful if I am also provided contact number of Mehar Singh & Sons. Thanks in advance.

grewal

Postby grewal » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Well jaz ,
When I bought my sxs shotgun I also saw an under over made my mehar singh , but decided not go for one because that gun is without an auto ejector and practically it was a bit difficult to put in and pull out a cartridge . And so I decided to go in for a side by side. Overall the fit and finish of a Mehar Singh U/O is outstanding . And above all you need not to go to Jammu to buy one . You can get one at M/s.********* ***********8 8********** Pataila . Tell him about my reference ( Prabhdeep Singh Grewal from Ludhiana ) and he will definitely give you a discount also. Even if he does not have a ready delivery he will arrange one for you. Mr ***** . He has a minimum retail price in the entire Punjab. Last time I bought ordinance no-1 cartridge for Rs-38/- per piece where as no body else was offering less than 45/-. ************************************. Wish you best of luck

Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana.
Last edited by grewal on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MoA

Postby MoA » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 am

Prabdeep... I would certainly not admit to any 'flexibility' on an open forum. It would be a nice way to get you and your dealers into a spot of trouble.

BJL

Postby BJL » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 am

Best to edit that, eh? All posts on this forum show up in google, if you search for them- so its safest not to include any personal, identifiable stuff.

“To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds”- The Iliad.

grewal

Postby grewal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 pm

I know I have written it in an open forum , but the thing is that i have shared this with the my fellow forum members and it carries no legal relevance . I am not boosting about anything . It is an indication about the irony about the legal system that a person gets just a mere 25 cartridge quota for the whole year . And if I want to increase that quota I will need to grease various palm in the licensing authority office itself to get a legal work done .

Risala

Postby Risala » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 pm

grewal wrote:Mehar Singh Khurmi and Sons do manufacture shot guns, and their guns are considered to be one of the best guns manufactured in India today .
Prabhdeep Singh Grewal
Ludhiana

:agree: :)

Katana

Postby Katana » Wed May 16, 2012 4:32 pm

I saw a O/U made by Mehar and Sons lately. I was rather impressed with it. It's made of EN24 steel, is simple and robust in design. Had a two extractor (atleast that what I made it out to be) and double triggers.

Made in 1999, with a fair amount of use, it still holds itself well. I am looking at shooting it at the end of the month. Will post my take on it then.

The only drawback I could see was the stock, rather puny for this shotgun, so the recoil spread will be restricted and may whip up a bit.

Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

sa_ali

Postby sa_ali » Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Katana wrote:It's made of EN24 steel

Are u sure.

Katana

Postby Katana » Thu May 17, 2012 1:04 am

Absolutely. It's stamped on the right side of the boxlock receiver. Plus the 'feel' of the gun tells you it is EN24. I'll try and get you the pics when I handle it next.

Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Return to “Shotguns”