FAO Grumpy - Beretta DT10

Posts related to shotguns.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

FAO Grumpy - Beretta DT10

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:22 am

Hi Grumpy,

I would like your opinion of the Beretta DT10 please.

One has come up on sale. Will probably get to see it next week.

I am off fishing in a few hours and wont be back until Sunday night, so wont be able to acknowledge any e-mails or posts until then.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:33 pm

Mack The Knife,

DT-10s are considered among the best in that price range. Higher than the 68x series and compete with Perazzis. Al Maktoum won Double Trap gold in the Athens Olympics, using a DT-10 Trident. I don't know what model is there for sale, Sporting,Trap or Skeet, but DT-10s are essentially Competition guns. But, if you can get a game stock later and the asking price is sensible, grab it.It will last a life time and some more. Of course all this "Brahma gyan" from readings. Grumpy and Mehul will add to it a lot better.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: FAO Grumpy - Beretta DT10

Post by HSharief » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:47 pm

I shot one at the Grand American this year, broke 23 of 25. It swings like a dream and the amazingly huge receiver balances beautifully between the hands. I especially like the huge shoulders on the receiver, and some other dislike the DT for this same reason. I know a kid here shoots one, he does great, says he likes it a lot. When I was in Hyderabad, Mark and RK took me shooting and there I met Amit Sanghi, who also shoots a DT10 for Skeet. He did great from what I cd tell. He made it seem so easy, as if the clays were hanging in the air for him going nowhere, but I digress.

Anyway, the DT is a good gun, you can't go wrong with it.

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:54 pm

Vikram";p="4475 wrote:Mack The Knife,

Al Maktoum won Double Trap gold in the Athens Olympics, using a DT-10 Trident
Best-
Vikram
Vikram, I think he used a 682 gold..

Just check this
http://media.santabanta.com/newsite/cin ... er_big.jpg

Looks like a 682 EX gold to me..

All said and done..DT 10 are supposed to be the best barring the SO's from beretta stable

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:22 pm

You are right Ranjeet.Mea Culpa.

http://www.berettausa.com/events/events.htm

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: FAO Grumpy - Beretta DT10

Post by Grumpy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:01 pm

The DT10 is a good gun - bound to be as it`s a Beretta competition gun. It is, however, nothing particularly special and is Berettas response to the Perazzis in that the only `innovation` is the detachable trigger group. I think that the ASE90 was a better gun though......even though it didn`t have a detachable trigger group.
It`s interesting that a lot of top flight competition guns still use SOs which although a very elderly design has a lovely `feel`....... Very expensive though.......but built by Famars so the quality is assured.
Like most competition sporters the DT10 it is too heavy ( c.8lb 4 oz ) to be much use in the field. I reckon that the older 682 sporters were better all-rounders but a game gun makes a better competition gun than a competition gun a game gun..........If you see what I mean !