How to identify make of shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
Sartaj Singh Gill
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to identify make of shotgun

Post by Sartaj Singh Gill » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:37 am

Well i went to my grandfather's house yesterday. He has a 12 bore shotgun side by side he got from england. Its some 1950 model, he has no recollection of what make or model or anything. Its been lying unused for quite some time and i was thinking to get the makers name and model so that if its expensive then will advise him to sell it otherwise i could think of getting a license made and transferring it... :D
Anyhow, the pad at the end of the stock says remington but i dont think that's a definate way to ascertain the make of the gun or is it..??
I will take pictures whenever i go there next and post them up here for you all to help me in ascertaining which gun this is, Can anyone lemme know as to how can i get to know what model it is and make..?? I mean where to look for it..??
It reads 12 bore DBBL gun on his license...DBBL i presume is double barrel..??
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:58 am

dbbl would be double barrel breach loading
the make is usually stamped on the rib of the gun or on the sideplate of the action
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Sartaj Singh Gill
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sartaj Singh Gill » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:12 pm

vishosingh";p="57189 wrote:dbbl would be double barrel breach loading
the make is usually stamped on the rib of the gun or on the sideplate of the action
Okay thanks visho...although i seem to remember i looked everywhere..But maybe i didnt look closely enough..Will go and have a look see again in a day or two. If i still dont find anything, I will take pics and upload them.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:57 pm

some times.. due to the passage of time the markings get rubbed off.. hence can be difficult to identify the gun. atleast the serial number should be visible as its endorsed in the license.

diskaon.
klick klack..... diskaon