Pakistani company builds a sidelock self opening shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Also during Punjab problem days, any one caught with AK was automatically termed as certain category of terrorist. This policy did deter lot of so called ?gun collectors? to shy away from possessing such weapons. Unless of course you have connections and there are exceptions to the rule both for guys who still possess them and innocents who were caught in cross fire.
It will be interesting to see whether Sunjay Dutt walks away. I though he had a AK 53 and Brazilian made copy of beretta 9mm ( Taurus I think). Latter is weapon of choice in Bombay underworld these days.
Cheers

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Pakistani company builds a sidelock self opening shotgun

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:51 pm

Navdeep,

During the last days of the Indira Gandhi government, she had retired army officers train the LTTE in Tamilnadu and they were supplied with tens of thousands of AK rifles and ammunition. The LTTE are perfect slimebags and they sold a lot of guns and ammunition to the NAxalites in Andhra Pradesh and who knows which other groups. I am sure that several of them would have made their way across the country to virtually every part of India that is troubled.

One of my good friends' fathers, a very senior journalist and someone who was a mentor to me early in my career, did a feature on the LTTE (they were regarded as heroes at the time) and he was taken to a dump where they had guns piled up from the floor to the roof, just dumped one on top of the other. Many years later, when the IPKF was fighting the LTTE in Sri Lanka, he volunteered to talk to senior army officers involved in the IPKF effort through a Colonel who was also a good friend of my father's.

I have never been able to get over the fact the same mother and son team who disarmed Indian law abiding citizens with the import ban and three guns per head limit went out to arm and encourage some of the worst scum in the world. Anyway, this is all past and I hope that we overcome these completely unjust and repressive laws in the future.

I think India has the potential to build some of the finest guns in the world. And that Indians, enthusiastic shooters as they are, would be a fantastic new market for Indian products. If Pakistan can do this, there is absolutely no reason why India cannot.

Cheers,

Mehul

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Pakistani company builds a sidelock self opening shotgun

Post by jonahpach » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:43 am

If I remember correctly i was speaking about the prevailing condition of the country vis a vis the NE and lack of availability of finance. etc. etc.. Breaking the law (If there was any) was an OT that just crept in and was hitherto edited. Anyway all the so called 'illegal arms' that i have mentioned are registered and licenced firearms that belong to respected citizens. (Dont ask me how!)
I guess some people have just taken advantage of some kind of a loophole and grey areas in our arms act and the Mizoram Peace Accord. (Which gives our state a special status somewhat similar to Jammu & Kashmir) Maybe not unlike the system of registering a 7.62 rifle as a 308 winchester. Or a 9mm as a .357 magnum. People are doing it all over India and not just in Mizoram.
No more comments from my side.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:26 am

penpusher,
I was just commenting on Abhijeet's post.

Even if someone has handled them... don't think any Indians (resident in India) - at least those in their right mind - would rush to relate their experience(s)...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

When u posted the relevent passage. It was just a small joke, nothing else, to lighten the discussion a lil. That thick Jat brain does help a lot many times. So keep it rolling.
Monish