Rottweil O/U 12 gauge.

Posts related to shotguns.
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Rottweil O/U 12 gauge.

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:57 am

Mack The Knife, being `in the trade` I have to be a little careful what I say publicly on some matters so I`ll send you a PM. If you want to pass on the contents of that message privately to anyone else you`re welcome to do so - just as long as the matter is kept off the forums.......and my name is removed.
Any gun can be re-jointed.....it`s just that some are total b*****ds` to do !

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:27 am

Mack The Knife,

In that case, look out , for there are nice continental guns, from Belgium,Spain,Germany etc, still available in India. Webley & Scott etc, are well known names to which our buyers are still fixated and dealers may try to cash on them. For your pleasure's sake, don't buy an Indian make.You will regret it endlessly. I will alert my friends too.Often, there are dealers in the districts who may just have a hidden gem that no body is looking at. You may consider alerting your friends to look out for such guns. You should be able to find a decent gun at your price. All the best.

-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:43 am

Mack The Knife, I somehow managed to mess up the PM process ( techno-idiot ? Me ? Um........yes, sometimes unfortunately ! ) but managed to save the text and have emailed it to you instead - I hope you`re still using the same email address ?

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:17 am

Grumpy,

Something just sparked in my mind and checked with www.fabarm.com . One of their exclusive features is their Tribore technology.

http://fabarm.com/features.htm

And the same feature is mentioned on the Rottweil website.

http://www.rottweil-munition.de/de/flin ... m?navid=79

I don't know if any other manufacturers offer this. Just a conjecture.

Best-
Vikram

PS: Shall write to you in detail once my dissertation is finished.The Deathline is 29th.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:14 am

A very impressive piece of detective work Vikram - The `Tribore` technology is patented and the name copyright. Fabarm might be licencing the system to Rottweil but I suspect that it is more likely that the Rottweil guns are made by Fabarm - the better ones anyway. Fabarm are one of the largest Italian gunmakers but their presence on the international market is hardly noticeable so they must be making guns for other companies...... I know that Caesar Guerrini guns are built by Fabarm - though designed, assembled, stocked and finished by Guerrini ( for the time being anyway - Guerrini are building a new factory at the moment. )
Fabarm make quality guns.
How is your dissertation coming along - are you happy with it ?

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:22 am

Thanks for the edification, Grumpy. Learnt a few things there.
Grumpy";p="3561 wrote: How is your dissertation coming along - are you happy with it ?
If you see my new signature

" You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help". -Calvin

This about sums up my present state.I just want the torture to be over by 29th. Thanks for enquiring. :D

All the best with taking off the braces and kicking out the wheel chair, today.Take very good care and indulge in your new freedom prudently.Please! :wink: .

Best-
Vikram

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:38 am

Grumpy,

E-mail received and very grateful to have it too.

Vikram,

The W&S sale, if it comes to that, will be a private one and hopefully not at a rip-off price....relatively speaking ofcourse. I have informed friends but to date I haven't seen much activity.

As for the Indian made shottys....you know what they say about beggars and choosers. If necessary I will block the slot with one and if and when something nice comes along, I can always sell it.

Anyway, first let the permission to buy come, then we will see what can be done. Sending you a PM shortly.

My thanks to both of you.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:32 pm

Vikram, if your deadline is Dec 29th are you still OK to attend the auction and then come back here with me ? We can leave it until March if you prefer. Of course if you are properly motivated ( and inspired ! ) you should have the work well completed by then........................... :wink:
The best of luck with it.
I just can`t figure out who Calvin and Hobbes are. Sounds like characters from Buck Rogers or some other early Sci-Fi ...... like Flash Gordon but I can`t remember either character in either.
The only Calvin I can think of is Isaac Asimovs` Doctor Susan Calvin, the inventor of the positronic brain.....but somehow I can`t see a woman uttering those words - and anyway I know she never said any such thing !
I give up: Where does the quote come from. :?:

piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by piyushpdsingh » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:54 am

Grumpy "Calvin and Hobbes" is a comic strip by"Bill Watterson".Calvin is a boy and Hobbes is his toy(tiger).
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:34 am

Grumpy,

Calvin and Hobbes are one of the most enduring comic characters that have world wide following.They certainly are not for kids as the language and the depth are better appreciated by reasonably mature readers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_and_hobbes

I love them.Should you wish to treat yourself with some delectably intelligent humour,I strongly recommend reading them.

My dissertation deadline is September 29th, that is in four days.I am constantly on my 'puter and my recent increase in the rate of posts is due to my attempts to get rid of some of the boredom of the cerebral drudgery. Thanks for remembering and I really look forward to December.Take care and hope you are enjoying your walks. :D

Best-
Vikram

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:07 am

Thanks for that Vikram - I must admit that I`d never heard of Calvin and Hobbes......but have now spent almost half an hour reading all about them !
Sorry about the mistake re the due date for your dissertation......Crumbs, that`s only three days off.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:57 pm

My friend eventually decided on the Rottweil - a Rottweil Skeet Olympia 72, to give the gun its full name. Serial number 62545.

If any of you should have any information about this gun please let me know.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Mack The Knife,
What kind of info are you looking for.
Was it a personal sale or through a dealer,if it was the former then a brief about the gun should be available.
Get your friend on board IFG,if he isnt a member already.
Thanks
Sanjay

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:31 pm

Sanjay,

I am interested in anything and everything that has to do with this gun.

It was a personal sale but the seller bought it second hand and has no information about this model.

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:16 pm

The Rottweil Olympia wasn`t a bad gun - Italian made ( but I can`t remember who by ) it was one of the first clay guns to feature a removable trigger unit.