Firing ball amno

Posts related to shotguns.
dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Firing ball amno

Post by dsingh » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:17 pm

I did fire ball cartridge of power at the tin target from the distance of 58 meters, it not only penetrated the both sides of tin but also the 2 inch thick iron pole. Sound was more than the bird shot. Cartridges of power r not consisdered so good but impact of 70mm amno is awesome.Are the ball and slugs the same stuff.

Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:38 am

dsingh wrote:I did fire ball cartridge of power at the tin target from the distance of 58 meters, it not only penetrated the both sides of tin but also the 2 inch thick iron pole. Sound was more than the bird shot. Cartridges of power r not consisdered so good but impact of 70mm amno is awesome.Are the ball and slugs the same stuff.

Thanks
2 inch thick iron pole at 58m that sounds a bit hard to believe.
Can you please post a pic if possible.
Which brand was the cartridge?
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Sir I could not reply due to busy workload. I did fire in my friend farmhouse a very good place even my friend was taken aback by the impact I used 2003 model of eagle gun made in jammue.I will look for the target and if I found will send the snaps.
regards

b.baracho
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Firing ball amno

Post by b.baracho » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:14 pm

dsingh";p="41355 wrote: I did fire ball cartridge of power at the tin target from the distance of 58 meters, it not only penetrated the both sides of tin but also the 2 inch thick iron pole. Sound was more than the bird shot. Cartridges of power r not consisdered so good but impact of 70mm amno is awesome.Are the ball and slugs the same stuff.

Thanks
Guys i think we have Armor-Piercing ammo here... :clap: :clap: :clap:

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:46 pm

Well Dsingh no prb at all. do share the snap when u get it. will be worth watching im sure

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:59 pm

Is the "pole" a hollow metal tube or is it a solid two inch pole? The latter doesnt sound right.
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by msandhu » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:59 am

If it is a hollow tube, how would you measure 2" distance in it.. it will just either pass through it or bounce back..
Cheers
MSandhu

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:38 pm

msandhu";p="45671 wrote:If it is a hollow tube, how would you measure 2" distance in it.. it will just either pass through it or bounce back..
Cheers
MSandhu
The diameter of the pole could be 2 inches couldn't it? :roll:
Regards,
Yaj.
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:31 pm

What ball ammo was it ? Shaktiman or some Kanpur stuff ?

If an iron pipe behind the tin was 2 inches in diameter and the thickness of the tube walls was only 2/3 mm perhaps not even made of HR strip but local patra it is possible for a slug to penetrate it. In all probability the seam will open once a slug enters from the opposite side.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Iam replying to all posts I even cannot forget the experience first ball penetrated the tin bucket from both sides making a big hole on both sides tin bucket.It was placed on thick pole I today measured same looking pole it was 1.9 close to 2 inches what even I find unbeleiveable was a penetration in the both sides of pole .Even the ball amno was not imported although I have mirage ball amno of Itallian make.I again want to do the same.I am looking for the target if I find one.
regards to all

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:23 am

Well if the lamp posts are damaged on the roads we will know whom to blame for it :-)

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:39 pm

By the looks of it, running through steel buckets and steel pipes it seemd to be armour piercing type ball ammo, next time some rusty old tanks try crossing our western borders we will give them a battery of this ammo, so mention the brand and slug type please.

dsingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by dsingh » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:52 am

shahid";p="46061 wrote: By the looks of it, running through steel buckets and steel pipes it seemd to be armour piercing type ball ammo, next time some rusty old tanks try crossing our western borders we will give them a battery of this ammo, so mention the brand and slug type please.
Sir bucket was not strong but penetration of pole although rusty it was realy surpring either quality of gun is good or amno is good it was the 70 mm power much inferior to SHATIMAN. I also fired 30 to 40 years old amno even 3 cartridges of 1925 make of copper cap none was missed these old amno failed high quality guns like Mehar Singh, Girdhari lal, one imported gun and Bharat small Arms gun but my gun is not so attractive but cheaper Eagle gun these all amno was fired at same distance althogh for ball target was higher and sound was very loud than the other bird shot.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:59 pm

No matter what the gun was, as long the barrel was cylinder and the firing pin hit the primer right, what was the ball ammo which was fired ? Which make ?