Short Barrel DBBL 12 gauge single trigger

Posts related to shotguns.
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Short Barrel DBBL 12 gauge single trigger

Post by diskaon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:18 am

Dear All,

The time has arrived and I am planing to go ahead with fulfilling my dream of owning a firearm. Logical start would of course be the IOF 0.22 or a single shot 0.22.

however, while hero honda gives a mileage of 80 kmph, i owned a 1983 enfield bullet. Hence I have decided to go for a gun which more or less will fit into the following catagory. All members' advice is solicited in helping me select the right gun for me.

1. Short barrel DBBL. Preferably O/U (short barrel = 20" to 22" max)
2. Single Trigger. I think that will be very convinient.
3. If S/S then external hammer. for O/U internal hammer
4. I dont want hockey gun. want wone with a full butt.
5. should work well with easily available indian ammo. i was wondering a 20 gauge or a 16 gauge. but then ammo might be a prob so i'll stick to 12g. also indian ammo does not work as expected in a pump action hence i dropped the idea.
6. not too high priced.. (sub 20K) ....(dream gun you see)

please suggest a suitable model which more or less fits into this category. also let me know what would be a proper price.

diskaon....
klick klack..... diskaon

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Wanted Short Barrel DBBL 12 gauge single trigger

Post by art_collector » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:09 am

Well most indian 12 bores would come within your budget of 20K. They start at 11000 and may be go upto 20000. U might even find an O/U but wont be 22" .

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:28 am

Diskaon,

For 20 K you will get a Jammu Made ( not a Meher Singh/ Khairuddin ) O/U , with double trigger. No ejector/extractor. 28 inch barrel both cylinders , 12 gauge, heavy as a whale.
I saw one 2 days back here. Where are you based?

SxS will be cheaper , same weight though.

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:05 pm

saw some 12 gauge side by sides in bellary.20 inch full butt for 18k 2 years back.makers were dwaraka and sujata of karnataka but double triggers

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:31 pm

diskaon";p="32785 wrote:Dear All, ......
.....also indian ammo does not work as expected in a pump action hence i dropped the idea.
diskaon....
Dear diskaon,
a lil offtopic but just wanted to point out to you that if u are in india than the pump action falls in the prohibited bore category.

cheers sanjiv

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:52 pm

a lil offtopic but just wanted to point out to you that if u are in india than the pump action falls in the prohibited bore category.

cheers sanjiv
No it does not.A pump action shotgun is a category III(c) firearm ,license for which is issued by the local licensing authority.

The term 'Prohibited Bore' is a misnomer ,used because it is easily understood.In fact, if you look at it,there is no bore that is 'Prohibited'.That term is used based not on the bore but on the cartridge a firearm can chamber.The other considerations are the type of action(Fully automatic firearms are 'Prohibited Firearms' as defined by the Indian Arms Act)and the length of the barrel(in case of smooth bore guns).

A license for any shotgun that is not fully automatic,semi-automatic,with a barrel length less than 20" or of .410 bore, is issued by the local licensing authority.This would include single barrel and double barrel shotguns as well as all lever action/bolt action or pump action shotguns.

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:17 pm

ohh yes penpusher paanji thank you for the correction,..
i realised now since the shotgun referred is a 12 gauge anyways is NPB,what i meant was the action,i will recheck with the local authority again if the pump action shotgun is back in the NP firarm category at the present in maharashtra.
last month i had taken a safety course here in pune ,since the commisioner office have made it a compulsion before applying for a firearm license,and i read the articles to answer the theoretical part that a pumpaction shotgun after 2000 were in the prohibited category.may be i have misread,i will recheck tomm.
thanx again paanji.
warm regards sanjiv

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:08 pm

While you are at it,why not ask the fellow since when a.45ACP pistol has become a NP firearm.Firearms are classified by the MOH at the centre.The state govt. has no authority in this matter

biking3819
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by biking3819 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:21 pm

paanji the .45 is np only in the mumbai metropolitan city and not in the entire maharashtra,here in pune it is pb category.God knows how the MOH laws get interpreted differenly in different places around India,the .45 being a classic case.
sanjiv

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:22 pm

Dear RP,

I am based in Bangalore. I want something that will fit in my car dikky confortably, without compromising on the other luggage with rightfully belongs there.

Indian,

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=609

I dont want to face similar problems like this.

And others.. lets not digress into other topics please.. there are enough postings about NPB/PB.. please dont mind..

Diskaon...
klick klack..... diskaon

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:06 pm

diskaon";p="32826 wrote: I want something that will fit in my car dikky confortably, without compromising on the other luggage with rightfully belongs there.
most ?all single/double barrels are take down anyway, you will easily be able to store them with the action/barrels seperate. so i don't think transport will be an issue at all. it's trying to choose a safe gun at your price ceiling that is the real question
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:49 pm

diskaon";p="32826 wrote:

And others.. lets not digress into other topics please.. there are enough postings about NPB/PB.. please dont mind..

Diskaon...
Hey guys.. I dint mean to be rude... no one is giving me any further advice on choosing my gun. please advice which model would more or less fit in to the di.scription I have listed.
klick klack..... diskaon

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:05 pm

D
What you are lookin for you aint gonna get :( Your budget is sub 20,you are restricted to Indian shot gun's.
a)No Indian O/U's come with a 20/22" barrel.
b)No Indian gun's come with a single selective trigger,or external hammers.

Go for a Mehar Singh DBBL,they used to come with 26" barrels,with ejectors.
Else from Munger there is quite a collection but again with 28 to 30" barrels.
New Light from Jodhpur is again a good gun.

Best bet would be increase your budget to about 40 plus and pick up a IOF PA,if the Gov has opened the sale to civilians ie,I think it comes with 22 or 24 "barrel.

If looking for an external hammer gun,you will have to look for imported gun,they are between 20 & 30 K,
and have the barrels chopped to whatever length.

I did see one in Ambala earlier this yr,in reasonable condition,he was asking for around 25.

HTH.

Sanjay

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi,

U can manage nice looking indian hammered guns too. I remember having seen a beautiful H"D gun last year. It was made in Munger. The price would be surely just about 15 or 16000/-. Mehar Singh should also cost you just about 14000/- . I saw one last week in Lucknow at a shop. And dont be in a hurry. The prices of guns have come down so look around and buy the best you find around. Its actually a buyers market out there.

AC

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:34 pm

Sanjay";p="32945 wrote:D

a)No Indian O/U's come with a 20/22" barrel.
b)No Indian gun's come with a single selective trigger,or external hammers.

Sanjay
So it looks like I will have to keep my budget a little higher.

off topic, is there any operational draw back of a single trigger.
klick klack..... diskaon