Slugs

Posts related to shotguns.
mavshot
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Slugs

Post by mavshot » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:52 am

Hello again folks, just got me self an Iof pump action. Was initially very happy when I went in for the buy but the dealers has really put me of by cautioning me with cryptic words like don't use SLUGS as the company doesn't guarantee the use, and it may lead to a barrel explosion . Now I am in a catch 22....... Any one here would chime in on my predicament.......

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Slugs

Post by mundaire » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:05 am

Only in barrels with very tight chokes would slugs be a problem. AFAIK, the IOF pump action gun is built with a cylinder choke (i.e. no choke at all) barrel, so shooting slugs should not be a problem.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Slugs

Post by Vineet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:34 am

To be on the safe side you can use rifled slugs also known as foster type slugs. They povide some space for compression if the slug had to squeeze through a tight choke.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.