Meaning of these Proof marks.

Posts related to shotguns.
James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Meaning of these Proof marks.

Post by James_Bond » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:46 pm

Respected Sir Meaning of these Proof. Its on One of the 12 Guage DBBL with Hammer. This gusn belong to Midland Birmingham England . Midland Birmingham England 12 guage DBBL HAMMER GUN
Serial No of the gun is 94661.

proof Markse are

1) Meaning of 1 1/4 oz Proofing

2) Chamber of the gun is 2 3/4 inch

3) NP
4) 15/1 meaning
5) BV meaning
6) BP meaning
7) mAY BE A DEST STEEL. MEANING(Dest/Best steel marks on the bareel but its not clear.
And may be (perhpas) British proof also marks on the gun
What is the meaning of above said Proof marks , what it refers . was these shows the production date and others types of Information. Kindly help me \.Are these prrof marks refers to the gun manafcturing years and steel . Are this gun is the good due to proof marks

With regards
Rahul
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Meaning of these Proof marks.

Post by Vikram » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:56 pm

Is it possible to post a couple of clear photos? That would help greatly.It is possible to explain what you have posted but I will wait until I see the photos.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Vikram wrote:Is it possible to post a couple of clear photos? That would help greatly.It is possible to explain what you have posted but I will wait until I see the photos.
I will try my best sir
With Regards

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:56 pm

Off the cuff, nitro proofed at Birmingham proof house. The internet gun club has a (paid) service by which you can check the provenance of many British guns via serial numbers, though I doubt they'll have much info on a Midland.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks a Lot. I try myself as a registered member on that site if possible.
With Regards

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Sun May 13, 2018 10:52 pm

mundaire wrote:Off the cuff, nitro proofed at Birmingham proof house. The internet gun club has a (paid) service by which you can check the provenance of many British guns via serial numbers, though I doubt they'll have much info on a Midland.
YES it is . Its Nitro . But according to museun@gunroof .com BP refers as a Black Powder it not stands for Birmingham Proof marks and 15/-1 for 14 bore (some of said that its a tight 16 bore) . Respected sir if this gun is a 14 or tight 16 bore (according of some member of internet gun club and others)then how the 12 guage cartiges are easily fit in it , because dealer me the demo. 14 and 16 bore having the slim(by dya)cartiges. The price of the gun is 85000 and. When I asked for billing his replied that he billed 15000 for this gun.
With Regards

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 am

Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein