12 bore double barrel shotgun.

Posts related to shotguns.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

12 bore double barrel shotgun.

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:14 pm

Not in any tearing hurry as it will be a couple of months or more before I get the shotty licence (hope I'm not tempting fate by being so cocksure about getting one). However, I thought it best to start looking for one now rather than later.

I am looking for a well maintained double with 2 3/4" chambers or more.

At present the budget is quite modest - Rs.30,000/-. However, if a substantial number of items I have placed on the sale section get bought, then I would consider something a little more dear.

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:25 pm

hi,

in that budget i suggest that you go a single barreled imported shotgun. these normally retail for about RS 20000, and if you buy from the owner direct you may get one cheaper. They are fairly sturdy as most are of american manufacture, H&R is the most common brand found.

:)

rajat

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi Rajat,

Suggestion noted and as it so happens, Mehul and I have briefly discussed this in private and it just so happened to revolve round a rifled choke H&R.

Keep the suggestions, offers, teasers, etc. coming.

Mack The Knife

Young Tiger
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Young Tiger » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:36 am

Hi Mack The Knife ,Good luck with your gun there is a very good shotgun for sale here its a "Horace & Soley co. London" sidelock shotgun fully engarved (pheasants) barrels are in good condition but stock needs to be redone and rest of the shotgun is in okay condition ,the dealers asking price is about 40000/- Rs ,very very cheap for sucha shotgun.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:09 am

Thanks, Harnihal. Sounds good.

In what way is the stock marred? Just external scratches and such or is it cracked?

Never heard of Horace & Soley. Will Google it but if someone does know, I'd appreciate your input.

Mack The Knife

Young Tiger
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Young Tiger » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:36 pm

Hello Mack The Knife

The stock has been coloured in a very awful manner so but its not cracked anywhere and is very oil soked forend is in better condition than the butt, horace and soley made very few gun in 1930's i found that out from internet gun club thats all i can tell, but gun is beautifully engraved and a colour case hardened lock plates ,Doll's Head is bit chipped off ,the particular dealer just deals with country made guns so he doesnt really know its value its valued well over 1 lakh or even more just with repair of 10,000/-

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Harnihal,

Which dealer has the shotgun.Have already exhausted my qouta of shotty's.Wouldn't mind having a look at it though.

Take care,
penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:34 pm

Tiger wrote:Hello Mack The Knife

The stock has been coloured in a very awful manner so but its not cracked anywhere and is very oil soked forend is in better condition than the butt, horace and soley made very few gun in 1930's i found that out from internet gun club thats all i can tell, but gun is beautifully engraved and a colour case hardened lock plates ,Doll's Head is bit chipped off ,the particular dealer just deals with country made guns so he doesnt really know its value its valued well over 1 lakh or even more just with repair of 10,000/-
Thanks, Harnihal.

The owner of IGC doesn't seem to have heard about H&S. http://www.internetgunclub.com/phpBB/vi ... 4&forum=38
Did you ask about this on IGC or was it on their database? Possible to post a link to either?

Google wasn't productive either and that's a first!

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:37 pm

penpusher wrote:Which dealer has the shotgun.Have already exhausted my qouta of shotty's.Wouldn't mind having a look at it though.
Now that would be grand if you could go and look it over. Don't forget the camera! :wink:

Thanks.

Mack The Knife

Young Tiger
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Young Tiger » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:19 pm

Hello Mack The Knife/penpusher

Courtesy www.internetgunclub.com

As far as my search on IGC it says:-
Name Horace Soley & Co
Other Names
Address 1 3 Jewin Street
Address 2
Address 3
Address 4
Address 5
Address 6
Address 7
City/Town London
County
State/Region/Province
Country United Kingdom
Trade Gunmakers
Other Address
Dates 1917-1930
Notes
No Notes Stored
Other Info
N/A

There is another interesting link check it out (http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:9J ... =clnk&cd=1)

penpusher shotgun is lying with Bajwa Gun house.

Take care

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:23 pm

Hopefully, that link should work now.

Many thanks.

Mack The Knife

cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:27 pm

hi,

just make sure the gun has sidelock and is not just a boxlock with side plates.

:)

rajat

sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sat » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:31 pm

in that budget i suggest that you go a single barreled imported shotgun. these normally retail for about RS 20000, and if you buy from the owner direct you may get one cheaper. They are fairly sturdy as most are of american manufacture, H&R is the most common brand found.
Mack The Knife,

I though a muzzle loader would a perfect choice for you :lol:

If you loose interest in the Horace Soley 12ga, I would like to have a look at it.

sat

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:01 am

sat wrote:If you loose interest in the Horace Soley 12ga, I would like to have a look at it.
Now look here, you withered old fossil, I have no objection to you or anyone else buying it but wouldn't it be a rather drastic upgrade from the matchlocks you are used to? :p

Sam
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sam » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:41 pm

Hi Tiger,

Because your location is Patiala, I presume you are not the "Tiger" in the UK who owns / runs internetgunclub.com . If I'm right, and you haven't got permission, I should warn you that copying and pasting the info in the internetgunclub site is probably an infringement of copyright. The UK Tiger is the most pleasant and helpful person you could wish to meet, I'm sure he'd give permission, but I think he'd be annoyed about an unauthorised publication. If you've got permission I apologise for raising the point, please forgive me.