An abomination called a plastic K-80

Posts related to shotguns.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

An abomination called a plastic K-80

Post by Vikram » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:39 am

Gentlemen,

My first reaction was to recoil involuntarily in shock, horror and grief after looking at this sacrilege. Look at what they have done to such a pedigree gun as a Kreighoff-80! :evil: This is the first time I have ever seen any one doing this to a high end gun like a K-80.One wonders why, why in despair. One redeeming thing is, they have the original walnut stock and forend on offer. Yours for $8,764. :lol: :wink:

Now that you have seen the pics, I got nothing against synthetic stocks, just wanted to take a dig. But, I still dislike that lemon yellow colour. :twisted:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:43 am

All I can say is that some people have more money than sense and even less taste.

Take care,
penpusher

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:54 am

penpusher,

It's an all-out clays gun. Guess somebody just didn't care about the aesthetics. The bright lemon yellow, of all the colours !

Best-

Vikram

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:03 am

Just to give an idea to our friends about what a K80 looks like in fine walnut....

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:52 am

there is an old guy who shoots trap at our club. He has been shooting for 25+ years and shoots pretty well (24-25/25 on each round). He shoots with a K-80, he said it goes for around $13k (don't know if it is a different model than the one in the pics, with enhancements, but its a K-80), he bought it used 7 years ago for $6700.

nice gun, although I got 25/25 once with my $300 pump, heh.

-N

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:54 am

Vikram,

I must agree with penpusher here. Whoever was responsible for this abomination will be punished by not being able to sell this gun. :lol:

I can understand the neccessity of a synthetic stock on a rifle where accuracy is of primary importance. I do fail to see the point of a plastic stock on a shotgun.

In any case, why is this ugly monstrosity on a Fine Guns forum? Just joking... :lol:

Mehul

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:35 am

Mehul,

Just look at the contrast between the model in walnut and that abomination in bright lemon yellow plastic. My eyes almost water at that. This is more in line to warn people what not to do with a fine gun,eh? :wink:

My understanding is that it is a dedicated clays gun and hence the adjustments etc. The ad says they have spare walnut stock and forend on offer with the gun. Found it on of all the places a UK site, guntrader.

Best- Vikram

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:42 am

axp817 wrote:there is an old guy who shoots trap at our club. He has been shooting for 25+ years and shoots pretty well (24-25/25 on each round). He shoots with a K-80, he said it goes for around $13k (don't know if it is a different model than the one in the pics, with enhancements, but its a K-80), he bought it used 7 years ago for $6700.

nice gun, although I got 25/25 once with my $300 pump, heh.

-N
Naren,

You should seriously consider clay shooting. K-80s are superb guns. They are in my wish list. A Plantation grade for me.Image Dream on....................

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:01 pm

"You should seriously consider clay shooting"

I have already, I shoot trap twice a week, a total of 4 rounds.

Its been a few months since I started doing that. I only have one shotgun - a Remington 870 with a 26" barrel, and it has been giving me fairly good results, but I do plan on getting an over/under sometime soon. Not a fancy one, just a decent one for now.

-N
Last edited by axp817 on Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:56 pm

How very dumb of me! I should have guessed that the moment you said 25/25. Good shooting.

Best-

Vikram

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:47 pm

25/25 from the 16 yard line, not the 27 yard line. I don't know what competition standards are, but I am pretty sure they are not 16 yards. :)

Most rounds shot at our club, are from the 16 yard line, sometimes they shoot handicap (27 yards).

I have never tried it, I always feel that my barrel (26") being shorter than most others is not best suited for such a distance (27 yards).

What do others think? Does barrel length (32" instead of 26") affect trap performance?

-N

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:05 pm

I shot a K80 Trap Special at the Grand American, yes, a new one is about $14k and they are beautiful. Here are some pics I found online.

Some day I wish to get one too. Check out some other guns (and price) on www.800shotgun.com.

The point of that Lemon Yellow stock is the PFS with a custom paint job. I looked at one for my 682 that had a Leopard Print. It has to do with ones own personal taste and you can't put a number on that. They also have wood finish on the PFS and also a PFS that actually uses high grade walnut.

Naren, look into ATA shooting (www.shootata.com), registered. They've got their problems but its rather nice. They have three events, singles (16yd), doubles (16yd) and handicap (depends on "your" handicap). I'm 3rd year ATA member, I do OK most times. PM me and we can talk.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:37 am

I just thought that I`d point out that there is a cheaper alternative to the K80 .... the gun that the Krieghoff is copied from, the Remington 3200. When Remington decided to cease production of the 3200 ( on the grounds that it was too expensive to builld ) a group of American enthusiasts took the design to Krieghoff who put it into production as the K32. After making some minor changes a few years later they decided to relaunch the gun as the K80.
The 3200/K32/K80 have a sliding top latch that automatically compensates for wear. Parts are still available for the 3200 and prices are generally in the order of ?500-800 in the UK for guns that are in remarkable condition - which is much, much less than a K80. There are no Sporting Clays models - too early - but quite a few Trap and Skeet guns can be found in the UK, many more in the US of course.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:23 am

Hi Grumpy

Please check your PM

Thanks
Navdeep

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:26 am

Grumpy wrote:I just thought that I`d point out that there is a cheaper alternative to the K80 .... the gun that the Krieghoff is copied from, the Remington 3200. ......

You mean something like this?
:wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

All costing a tiny fraction of a K-80. Though I knew that the K-80 was derived from the Remington, it never struck me to check for Remington 3200. Thanks a bunch. In fact, can't thank you enough. Gave me a whole new line of thought. I am making preparations for meeting you on 14th at Bedford with the only rider being my research at the Birmingham International Airport not clashing with the date. Keeping the fingers crossed and praying..................

Best- Vikram