Shotgun Restocking Project (Pics)

Posts related to shotguns.
herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Shotgun Restocking Project (Pics)

Post by herb » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:17 pm

shooter wrote:Nice stick and still done the old way.
Fitting the stock is a very continental art. Good to see it done old style across the pond.
Thanks shooter, there are still a few people doing stock work the old way, not very many,
I will send you a PM.

Herb

For Advertising mail webmaster
herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:20 am

Slowly getting there....

abhrankash
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by abhrankash » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:46 pm

I can help you in the field of technical assistance if the project is going take place in any parts of India I have the knowledge of machine and tools, tolerance and other engineering aspects of manufacturing and when you talk of CAD and CAM i have 12.6 years of exp. I am staying bhiwadi. please feel free to contact me at any point of time.

Added in 42 minutes 56 seconds:
well manufacturing process need a good and lengthy narration but I hope this will help you first you have to approach a cad center who have got facility of white light scanner or points digitizer the person who handle the scanner will place some black and white sticker on the butt of gun that has to copied. and then he will place it under the scanner and then he will start the scanner. It will take at least 8-10hrs to digitized the whole data. from now the workman ship begins with CAD

now what you have got is the points cloud data. you have to generate the surface this will take at least 24 - 32 hrs time and after that he will generate the solid out of it and then. after minor changes as per the dimensions and fitting he will freeze the data and send this for CAM operations.

One CAM programmer will generate the CAM program and he will start machining.by the help of a CNC milling or Routing machine mostly in this case they will use CNC milling (wood working CNC milling machines) this take 72-96 hrs for finishing the machining. actually no of hours in machining depends up on the number of setting of the job. in gun butts you will get 4 settings , this you can judge by your experience. After machining is over you got the unfinished stock in your hand and after that you will have to hire a carpenter who will just polish the wood or if you are capable of doing you can do it by yourself.

Added in 2 hours 53 minutes 18 seconds:
if you talk about cost now I cannot tell you exactly but I can help you with the address those persons who has got this kind of set ups in Delhi and NCR. I know those guys. few guys are their whom I know professionally and few are their whom i know them from my personal sources.
ABHRANKASH

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
Winston Churchill

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Abhrankash,

Please check your PM box. Cheers.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."