"SAFE"work safe?

Posts related to shotguns.
wildhoghunter
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

"SAFE"work safe?

Post by wildhoghunter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:06 pm

This is just a bit about hammer less shotgun safety switch.
Once, several years before I saw a hammer less shotgun with my neighbour. It was his new possession, we were also interested to see that gun.it was of a imported brand and was used a less and kept away somewhere unattended by the previous owner.all of we friends viewed the gun, barrels were thick and bore was clean, action body and stock was also good.just because of curiosity, I took the gun and dismantled it , pressed my leather key bunch against the firing pin hole and squeezed the trigger lightly while the safety switch was in" on" position(backwards).strangely the firing was activated. With an amazement I have squeezed the rear trigger, it was also activated.the safety switch was working perfectly from outside. But the firing pins were biting countless of safety position. I told him about that, it had been taken to a gunsmith and got inspected, the problem was that safety switch disconnected from the inside mechanicals. So it is better to check , "SAFE" work safely. (Forgive me for my English)
Thank you all

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: "SAFE"work safe?

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:09 pm

You are right. Better be safe than sorry.

Regards