Importing a Shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
nirmalparmar23
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Importing a Shotgun

Post by nirmalparmar23 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 am

Hello Guyz,

i am going to acquire a license for 12 Bore soon, after the license within the stipulated time frame i have to purchase a new weapon or used.

i would like to know that can i buy a imported weapon like Beretta or Perazzi via importing it , or do i need to be national shooter to be eligible to import it?

i wish to start shooting for Trap, so if someone can advice me regarding the gun for trap besides above two .

besides that i would even like to know which one is good - Beretta or Perazzi ? i have jotted down my choice to Beretta DT10.

please advise.

NirmalSinh Parmar

For Advertising mail webmaster
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Importing a Shotgun

Post by Amit357 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:33 pm

nirmalparmar23 wrote:Hello Guyz,

i am going to acquire a license for 12 Bore soon, after the license within the stipulated time frame i have to purchase a new weapon or used.

i would like to know that can i buy a imported weapon like Beretta or Perazzi via importing it , or do i need to be national shooter to be eligible to import it?

i wish to start shooting for Trap, so if someone can advice me regarding the gun for trap besides above two .

besides that i would even like to know which one is good - Beretta or Perazzi ? i have jotted down my choice to Beretta DT10.

please advise.

NirmalSinh Parmar
Isnt anyone gonna ans this,he posted it since yesterday,chalo i will ans this,Nirmalji plz get your License 1st,then start shooting become a renowned shot ,then start thinking about import,as far as your choice of shotguns,whichever is in a decent condition & you can lay your hands on it, &&&&&,doesnt cost the price of a new LIMB.Best Amit

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:10 pm

I can`t comment on the laws regarding importation of guns to India but as regards the guns I would suggest that you try some shooting before investing in a top level Trap gun.
As regard`s `what is good` there is a very large choice and it very much depends upon what suits you and what you can afford.
Most top flight competitors use Perazzi`s - the MX8/MX2000/MX2005/MX2008 - but that`s not to say that there aren`t just as good guns by other makers. The Beretta DT10 has effectively been superceded by the DT11 - I, for one, consider the DT11 to be a definite improvement but the SO5 and SO10 are Beretta`s best competition guns however. There are very good guns by Kemen, Krieghoff - and Browning B25s are still used by some competitors although not quite at the very top any more perhaps. At somewhat less cost there are excellent guns like the Zoli Kronos, the Zoli `Z` gun and the Renato Gamba Daytona.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Nope, imports are effectively banned for all except for those who shoot the MQS (minimum qualifying score) in the nationals, IIRC it is currently 90/125 for trap. To participate in nationals you need to shoot MQS in the GV Mavlankars (pre-nationals), IIRC that is currently 30/50.

As advised above, first step get your license. Second buy a second hand trap gun (budget 5-10 lacs or more depending on make/ condition/ etc). Third go to the range and get a good coach. I'm assuming that your state/ district association will supply ammo at the range for practice.

HTH

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Grumpy wrote:I can`t comment on the laws regarding importation of guns to India but as regards the guns I would suggest that you try some shooting before investing in a top level Trap gun.
As regard`s `what is good` there is a very large choice and it very much depends upon what suits you and what you can afford.
Most top flight competitors use Perazzi`s - the MX8/MX2000/MX2005/MX2008 - but that`s not to say that there aren`t just as good guns by other makers. The Beretta DT10 has effectively been superceded by the DT11 - I, for one, consider the DT11 to be a definite improvement but the SO5 and SO10 are Beretta`s best competition guns however. There are very good guns by Kemen, Krieghoff - and Browning B25s are still used by some competitors although not quite at the very top any more perhaps. At somewhat less cost there are excellent guns like the Zoli Kronos, the Zoli `Z` gun and the Renato Gamba Daytona.
Grumpy the choice is for you guys to have.here we poor B******S who dont want to shell out a limb to get a HALF DECENT firearm have to do with the likes of Mehar Singh & Sons ( E.N 9/19 Steel hai Ji,i really dont know what it means but apparently its supposed to be better then ZOLI, ROTFL } or the latest Indian Classic, I GIVE YOU THE MODERN O/U { Baikal Ki copy hai ji :shock: },there is a Half Decent Berrata for sale think its 682,the guy is asking for the price equivalent of US $ 15000,so we are happy with our E.N 9/19 Steel or the Baikal copies,regarding the like of Brownings B series,Zolis etc,etc we can just have WET DREAMS, :evil: the wetness being the tears that flow. :cry: .Best Amit

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:41 pm

there is another option, if you want to use the gun, but not really own it in literal sense.

NRAI is having bulk import program, where in state gun association can import guns through NRAI. what i have heard is that you can pay on behalf of the state association and they can buy the gun on your behalf, the gun will be in name of association only but you can have some sort of agreement with the association to keep the gun with you just like they issue guns right now to top shooters.

May be an MQS qualified person can explain it.
http://thenrai.in/images/documents/import121.jpg

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Amit357, I know that you have a ridiculous situation regarding the availability of guns in India - a situation which creates artificially high prices - extremely high prices.
The Beretta 682 is a very good gun and extremely good value ..... but $15k is insane. The average price for a used 682 in the UK is somewhere around £800-900 ..... which is IR 80,000 - IR 90,000.
Sorry to put down an Indian product but the chances of an Indian gun being of the same quality and having the same handling as the newer Zoli`s is so remote as to be a joke. The Zoli Kronos is possibly the best value competition gun available .... even more so since prices were reduced substantially. The Zoli `Z` Gun is considerably more expensive but still quite a lot less than a new Perazzi. A new base model Perazzi MX2005 Trap is around £9,000 ( IR900,000 ) in the UK. How much would a used one be if one appeared in India ? Probably well over IR2,000,000.
Absolutely insane - and all due to a ridiculous restriction on importing guns.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:57 pm

For those that are interested, the Beretta DT11 has a UK recommended price starting FROM £6550 ( IR655,000 ) The Beretta SO10 starts at £62,350 ( IR6,235,000 ) ( No, that`s not a misprint - the starting price of a new S010 is over six million rupees - and can be quite a bit more expensive depending on the version. ) A new, base model Zoli Kronos Trap is £1750 ( IR 175,000.)
( Terry Pratchett )

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:27 pm

nirmalparmar23 wrote:

If importing a sport weapon would be all that easy take my word for it we would be bringing in a lot more medals from ISSF international events. The fact that our MHA does not know how to differentiate between a terrorist and a sport shooters has crippled India at the International level. In my state level rifle association there is so much talent. No weapons to compete with. Just how do they expect us to reach the level without a proper gun.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:00 pm

I couldn`t agree more Farook - India is utterly wasting it`s human resources. With such a large population the odds that there are a great many possible excellent shots is increased dramatically. As in so many things, if matters were dealt with sensibly Indian would be a world power in shooting sports.
Just how many terrorists use IR800,000 - IR1,200,000 clay pigeon shotguns anyway ?
A stupid and extremely short-sighted policy.
( Terry Pratchett )

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Ban was imposed citing terrorism in Punjab in the early 80's. Don't know or heard of any instances where terrorists used .32 revolver or pistol or .22 rifles or 12 ga o/u as tools of the trade...
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:24 am

... if they do have weapons do they look anything like this. Its time the MHA has started to segregate the sport weapons from a other arm imports
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:21 pm

farook wrote:... if they do have weapons do they look anything like this. Its time the MHA has started to segregate the sport weapons from a other arm imports
Farook show this to a cop/or any other of the BABUDOM & they will summon the 10 Para's along with a couple of Arty Regiments,i recently had a bad experience with a cpl of Election Observers in regards to an Air Rifle which i was carrying back from my farm,the cops on duty wanted it impounded till the 16 May.To the babudom any elongated metal with a wood or plastic stock is something nightmares are made of.When the policy makers dont know the Ps in Policy what else can you expect????????.

nirmalparmar23
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nirmalparmar23 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:57 pm

@AMit357,

after acquiring license first thing they ask is to acquire a weapon in short duration.

i reside in Gujarat where there is no proper coaching available for Trap . its like trial and error system here, ahmedabad rifle association does not have range for trap, only available range in Gujarat is at Bilimora near Surat. so acquiring a second hand weapon is also a big headache.

Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Sat May 10, 2014 1:08 pm

nirmalparmar23 wrote:@AMit357,

after acquiring license first thing they ask is to acquire a weapon in short duration.

i reside in Gujarat where there is no proper coaching available for Trap . its like trial and error system here, ahmedabad rifle association does not have range for trap, only available range in Gujarat is at Bilimora near Surat. so acquiring a second hand weapon is also a big headache.
Nirmal after getting your A L,pick up a Modern/Mehar Singh,etc,etc O/U ,if an O/U is what you need,pick up a Trap/Skeet Machine with a cpl of 100 Clay Birds/PRACTICE { i am sure you would have open fields to practice & no one to b**ch about it} see if you can be good at it.Be a wild card entry in one of the Shooting Meets,become a national shooter & then "My friend the world is your play ground". Pick up a buggered Browning/any imported O/U,pay with your life's savings & turns out the Barrels/Tubes are Buggered up or you are not into shooting Clay Bird well my friend the scenario is for you to choose.Hope this helped.Best
PS;You can also try shooting Sporting Clays with SxS,a cpl of friends shoot Clays regularly with SxS.Leaving aside the oomph factor, for the life of me i couldn't see any noticeable difference shooting a SxS.This is just my opinion, i really dont want to start a THREAD on a comparison between O/Us & SxS