Posts related to shotguns.
nirmalparmar23
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Importing a Shotgun

Post by nirmalparmar23 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:09 pm

Amit357 wrote:
nirmalparmar23 wrote:@AMit357,

Nirmal after getting your A L,pick up a Modern/Mehar Singh,etc,etc O/U ,if an O/U is what you need,pick up a Trap/Skeet Machine with a cpl of 100 Clay Birds/PRACTICE { i am sure you would have open fields to practice & no one to b**ch about it} see if you can be good at it.Be a wild card entry in one of the Shooting Meets,become a national shooter & then "My friend the world is your play ground". Pick up a buggered Browning/any imported O/U,pay with your life's savings & turns out the Barrels/Tubes are Buggered up or you are not into shooting Clay Bird well my friend the scenario is for you to choose.Hope this helped.Best
PS;You can also try shooting Sporting Clays with SxS,a cpl of friends shoot Clays regularly with SxS.Leaving aside the oomph factor, for the life of me i couldn't see any noticeable difference shooting a SxS.This is just my opinion, i really dont want to start a THREAD on a comparison between O/Us & SxS
Thanks Amit,

what will be cost of trap machine and clay ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:54 pm

when I read about Import ------it kills me laughing

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:36 pm

Become a national shooter after practicing on a couple of hundred clays ............
That would be a couple of hundred clays a day, at least four times a week for a couple of years.
I make that 80,000 clays.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:07 am

Follow Amit's advice about the equipment but before you buy a trap machine, get yourself one of these:

They do work. I have had one for years.

Then beg, threaten or trick a friend into going with you to the countryside and have him throw clay pigeons for you with this.
If you decide that you are going to continue in the sport, then you might definitely want to invest in a mechanical or electric trap thrower.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941