New bolt action shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

New bolt action shotgun

Post by jonahpach » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:07 am

A new (for me) bolt action 12 bore shotgun was available recently at a local gunshop supposedly made by an indian company. Unfortunately I couldnt check it out personally as it was supposedly lapped up by a government department. Can anyone throw some light on this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: New bolt action shotgun

Post by Vikram » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:57 am

Very interesting,Jonah. Any more photos? Thanks for sharing.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:58 am

It appears to be made by Newlight - a shotgun manufacturer in Rajasthan. Singularly crude, appalling lack of effort in incorporating even the simplest of mechanical refinements. It has an extractor but appears to lack an ejector :? ....??? The bolt is a curious mix of the Lee Enfield & Mauser systems. Striker cocks on opening. The Extractor for whatever reason, is in a large housing much like the Lee-Enfield but placed vertically upwards effectively resulting in a 90% or so loss of sight picture. The gun is single shot and has no magazine feed. The bolt lever has a ridiculous 2 Ball extremity.... reminds one of those bizarre toys of amorous variety.... :) ... The entire bolt assembly has this cheap and gaudy plating. The bolt disassembly is achieved by a spring loaded sheet metal latch that is clearly inspired by the Mauser type with a slight Krico flavor. There are a number of spots that exhibit untidy weld filling, which to me suggests attempts to short cut anything other than straight milled slots. It is fairly light with a funny and gaudy stock that's either super shiny black plastic or or heavily lacquered wood. I'm hoping to have some at the shop next week...so maybe I'll add some pics.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Is the scope held on by .22 LR rings?
I thought slugs were illegal in India? If that is true, why would you need a scope on a shotgun?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:05 pm

XL, the gun in Jonah's pic appears to be a local mod since the gun, so far as I'm aware, is available only in fixed stock configuration. The scope, in spite of the apparent lack of usefulness, maybe a simple practical expedient since the extractor block, totally obscures the redundant front sight post.... Things we are forced to do!
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!