Post by aji_kappil » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:35 pm

For Advertising mail webmaster
supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: DBBL Tactical Overkill.

Post by supershaji » Fri May 03, 2013 5:05 pm

I like... looks like its designed to overkill :p
Last edited by supershaji on Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

seedha.admi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by seedha.admi » Fri May 03, 2013 7:35 pm

what the hell did I just saw???

HOLY $ I-I i T !!!!!!!!!!!

Super!!!!
There's nothing black or white in the world. There are just shades of gray.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Hilarious!

Edit (later): During my lunch hour today, I went over to the local gunshop and I saw one of these. It was really short and handy, an ideal size for a home defense gun. It shouldered well. The ability to attach a light to a home defense weapon is always a plus.

The only thing that I have against it is that it only holds two shells. Lately there have been cases of many perpetrators getting together to commit hot (when homeowners are home) burglaries. In that scenario, I would want more than two cartridges. Secondly being light, I'm sure recoil is relatively heavy. I want my wife to be able to handle it if she has to. I've lately been thinking about a 20 ga semi-auto set up for home defense so she can shoot it with confidence. The semi-auto helps spread out the recoil impulse over a longer period of time making it seem less onerous.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Sat May 04, 2013 9:10 pm

xl_target wrote:Hilarious!

Edit (later): During my lunch hour today, I went over to the local gunshop and I saw one of these. It was really short and handy, an ideal size for a home defense gun. It shouldered well. The ability to attach a light to a home defense weapon is always a plus.

The only thing that I have against it is that it only holds two shells. Lately there have been cases of many perpetrators getting together to commit hot (when homeowners are home) burglaries. In that scenario, I would want more than two cartridges. Secondly being light, I'm sure recoil is relatively heavy. I want my wife to be able to handle it if she has to. I've lately been thinking about a 20 ga semi-auto set up for home defense so she can shoot it with confidence. The semi-auto helps spread out the recoil impulse over a longer period of time making it seem less onerous.
If I were in the US , or IF the gun laws in India were sensible as they are in many states of US , I would have gone for a 12 16 shotgun for a Home Defense weapon . I might even get a AA12 for Home Defense ( provided I don't have to shell out Rolls Royce Phantom kinda money for it ). I saw a video of AA12 on Youtube ; was amazed at the low recoil . The shooter explained that there is some sort of mechanism designed to absorb the recoil .

Have you shot the above mentioned weapons ? If yes , what is your opinion on them ?

Regards

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat May 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Thanks Kappil,
Completely agree with XL and FN five seven... this is stretching imagination far toooo much...

But minus the bayonets, bipod and scope this seems to be a handy shotgun... Have been looking for something like this for quite some time. But in India there is no over/under of this barrel length.

TC

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon May 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Its like hell has broken over, sky is fallen :D

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Mon May 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Over/Under with tactical scopes and bipod, shortest 10 or 12 inch barrels of all times. Wipe your asses too ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Way too much, who will handle this.....

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue May 21, 2013 1:30 am

FN-Five-Seven wrote:
If I were in the US , or IF the gun laws in India were sensible as they are in many states of US , I would have gone for a 12 16 shotgun for a Home Defense weapon . I might even get a AA12 for Home Defense ( provided I don't have to shell out Rolls Royce Phantom kinda money for it ). I saw a video of AA12 on Youtube ; was amazed at the low recoil . The shooter explained that there is some sort of mechanism designed to absorb the recoil .

Have you shot the above mentioned weapons ? If yes , what is your opinion on them ?

Regards

F-N-Five-Seven
I haven't shot that particular over-under shotgun posted by the OP but I have fired short "coach guns" which are short barreled side by sides. They make a lot of noise and the recoil is not that bad. However, that was with reduced Cowboy Action loads. I shudder to think what some of today's slug loads would feel like.
I do now have a gas operated, 5.5 lb, 20 gauge semi-auto that has very low recoil, even with slugs. With birdshot or buckshot, it is possible to empty the magazine as fast as you can pull the trigger and still keep it on target. The main reason I got that is so my wife and daughter could use it without being overwhelmed by the weight and recoil of my 12 gauge pump.
I haven't shot an AA12. They are not commonly seen around here and I'm sure they are expensive. For a home defense shotgun, I would like a Keltec KSG but they are as rare as hens teeth. The KSG is short and would be easily maneuverable through doors and hallways and it has a large magazine capacity. I have handled one but have not shot one.

Would I buy a tactical over-under. Most likely not as it kinda offends my sensibilities.
That being said, If I see someone else with one, I'd ask to shoot it and I wouldn't criticize their choice of "tactical tupperware". A gun is a tool and if it does the job for them, who am I to criticize their choice.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941