12 gauge pump action

Posts related to shotguns.
firearm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

12 gauge pump action

Post by firearm » Wed May 16, 2007 8:16 pm

Hi,
I want to buy a pump action 12 gauge. One dealer has one remington pump action it has 24" barrel.I checked on the site but i could not find 24" pump action of by Remington. The dealer is asking Rs. 80000/- for it. Is there such shotgun from Remington? How much should i pay for such gun? My friend who actually saw this shotgun told me it's condition is quite good.

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: 12 gauge pump action

Post by penpusher » Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Firearm,

The dealers price is about 30-40,000/- less than what most dealers ask for.Either the dealer is not aware of this (highly unlikely) or the shotgun is not in as good a condition as you think it is in (possible).If however the gun is in perfect working condition,then you have a bargain.Buy it.

penpusher

firearm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by firearm » Wed May 16, 2007 10:45 pm

Hi penpusher'

Thanks a lot. Do you mean that this dealer is selling this gun to me for double of its actual price?

Firearm

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed May 16, 2007 11:35 pm

firearm,

The dealer is actually selling you the firearm for about 20 times its actual price ie. you probably would be able to get 20 shotguns for the price you would be paying in the real world.However in India we do not live in the real world.Here cheap, mass produced firearms are displayed as 'Fine Guns'. 20 year old pistols/revolvers go for the price of 3-5 custom made handguns.This is a situation that nobody who has firearms wishes to change.

IMPORT OF FIREARMS should be allowed.After all ,even if import of firearms is allowed what would happen? Only those people who can obtain a license can keep a firearm.Therefore the no. of firearms in civilian hands is not going to skyrocket.

I think I better stop my rant.So to answer your question,you seem to have misuderstood what I said.Read my post again.

penpusher

firearm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by firearm » Thu May 17, 2007 12:35 pm

penpusher,

I got it I replied you in haste.........Thanks a lot...........

Firearm