Shotgun for self defense

Posts related to shotguns.
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Shotgun for self defense

Post by Vineet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:50 pm

StampMaster wrote: Modern O & U- Now readily available, will get on order. Priced Rs 55000.
:o
I myself and many other members here own Modern O/U. It is priced around Rs. 32,000 in north India.
Be carefull from the dealer.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

For Advertising mail webmaster
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Hello again, finally i got my license last week, due to elections in my constituency, license has been delayed.

Today i have been to 3 store in Hyderabad and found the below prices-
Shop A-
Modern U/O- Rs 50000 (new)
IOF 30-06- Rs 95000 (New, direct from IOF will cost around Rs75000, i need to check IOF website).

Shop B- this shop has large number of second hand guns.
IOF SXS 28inch- Rs45000
Edward xxxxxx- Rs 60000

Shop C-
IOF SXS, 28inch- Rs40000 (it misfired when i removed lock, shop owner said he'll get it fixed in 2 days)
MGM 28inch- Rs28000 (new, i'm personally not happy with the looks).

I have concern- are there enough dealers/skilled workmen who can fix O/U if there is any problem? Any good brands in SXS or O/U in the price range of sub 40K? Thanks
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello IFG,

When was last IOF SXS stopped manufacturing? My friends, got call from a local dealer, that the dealer has a brand new IOF SXS for Rs24000.

I am surprised to know the price, make and age. To clear by doubt, I though IFG would be the only place. So i request veterans to help me on this. Thanks.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Not sure when IOF stopped manufacturing SXS but it has been quite some time. Unless IOF recently again started manufacturing them, most probably he means the shotgun is in "brand new condition".
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Sun May 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Hurrayyhh!!! Finally i brought a .22 IOF rifle for Rs43000 from a dealer. My dad and myself visited the dealer today and after firing a few 12bore IOF, Singh, IOF .315 and .22 etc, my dad wanted to try his hand on rifle (as I've got DBBL/Rifle on my license). And he (my dad) was totally in love with the IOF .22 sporting rifle, coz of the low recoil and firing range of it.

I am about to get some cartridges tomorrow (dealer was out of stock and others are closed as its weekend). And will try my hand on it on the coming weekend.

I thank all you guys for your support and help.
Last edited by StampMaster on Thu May 17, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon May 07, 2012 12:29 am

Stampmaster

Congrats IOF .22 is a great buy in all respects - now read in rifle section for some of the enhancements made to this rifle. Please start a new thread for that purpose and post pictures

Good Luck

azizQuadri
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by azizQuadri » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:55 pm

StampMaster wrote:Hello All,

I am new member and have little knowledge on arms. I've applied for gun license and expecting to receive it in a month's time. We live in a remote place about 15kms from nearest town and there is enough problem with robberies almost every month.

I am looking for a shotgun and a handgun (alternate safety), with enough muscle to scare and harm when attacked. I prefer to get a new one or single owned. Your suggestion on model, make, brand and price are appreciated. Thanks.

Spl Req- Low priced ammo capability.

Stamp Master

Edit- I was posting my first post and received call from the local police, stating my license can be collected this weekend.

Hi

I've received your message however I'm unable to reply to same for a reason that the provision of replying or composing the message is not yet granted to me by the forum.

I would be more than happy to help you, kindly write to me with your email and I'll do the need full.

noblekumar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Shotgun for self depense

Post by noblekumar » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:24 am

kalashnikovcult wrote:pump action is a prohibited bore
Pump Action Gun is not prohibited. It falls under SBBL category under licensing in India. One should acquire or apply for SBBL(Single Barrel Breach Load) license before procuring a PAG.

Added in 8 minutes 40 seconds:
StampMaster wrote:Hello All,

I am new member and have little knowledge on arms. I've applied for gun license and expecting to receive it in a month's time. We live in a remote place about 15kms from nearest town and there is enough problem with robberies almost every month.

I am looking for a shotgun and a handgun (alternate safety), with enough muscle to scare and harm when attacked. I prefer to get a new one or single owned. Your suggestion on model, make, brand and price are appreciated. Thanks.

Spl Req- Low priced ammo capability.

Stamp Master

Edit- I was posting my first post and received call from the local police, stating my license can be collected this weekend.

Shotgun makes a good home defense gun, since most of the home invasions and self defence encounters happens at close range. Shotguns make a good close quarter combat gun. I would prefer to have a shogun (either a PAG or a double barrel) for self defence with No.1, B.B or 4.8 ammo (These are the only shots available in India for now, I don't think LGs or SGs are any longer available) over a handgun for home defense. But if you may want to carry protection with where ever you go then go for a handgun.