OVER AND UNDER GOOD QUALITY INDIAN GUN...

Posts related to shotguns.
KULRAJ
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

OVER AND UNDER GOOD QUALITY INDIAN GUN...

Post by KULRAJ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Friends,

Does any one know which is best over and under indian made shotgun.
I heard about Modern And Khairuddin & Sons which is better.
Modern price is 35000 and Khairuddin is nearly 55000K.
if any other brand is avalable please tell me.

Regards
Kulraj Singh

For Advertising mail webmaster
Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: OVER AND UNDER GOOD QUALITY INDIAN GUN...

Post by Kittu » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:31 pm

hi kulraj i have seen a underover gun make khurmi as we know their new products are not in market if you can find an old OU khurmi made fun it will be better.i have seen only one OU gun made by meharchand khurmi so it will be hard to find and price of modern OU is less then you mentioned and i dont know anything about khairuddin nor i have seen gun made by them.as far modern OU is concern it is bulky and dealers are charging much more on the name of OU.i have also seen a OU made by new kashmir way back i dont know whether they make OU now days or factory is closed.my advise is if you go for modern dont pay more then 30 thousand because i have seen them sold at 26 thousand a year back thanks

KULRAJ
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by KULRAJ » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:59 am

Hi Ashok,

Now days i am in Dubai. i am coming india in 4 days.
i have indian gun licence and i want to buy over and under gun.

I heard Modern has missfiring problem.Regardsing Khairuddin gun i read from indiansforguns.
using the link. And i talk with them by Phone. They told me thay have spanis guns also.

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/syedakbar ... 0337563218

Do u have any contact no. of khurmi guns.if u have plz give me. i will try to fine this gun.

Thanks for yours valuable advise.

Regards
Kulraj Singh

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 pm

hi kulraj khurmi has stoped producing any sort of guns as i heard because of family dispute factory is closed.i have seen photos of khairuddin factory gun looks fine and on more thing you might get stock made of walnut as it is banned for export for rest of india from J&K but allowed for factories in their own state like willow export is banned to permote their own local industries and if you want imported OU then it will cost you in lakhs if you are interested in imported ones then let me know a very nice piece OU made by berretta is in market for sale but as i have already told you it will cost you very high and i will not advise you for such a expensive gun if are new to shooting sport go with khairuddin thanks

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Unless you have overriding reasons to buy ONLY an over/ under, you can get a decent imported side by side for not a lot more than what you have quoted as the Khairuddin price.

No it will not be an "English" gun and it will not have any "bragging value" but there are a lot of continental makers who made some really nice SxS shotguns which (if kept well) will last more than your lifetime and shoot very well indeed. Keep your eyes, ears & mind open and be patient, it is still possible to purchase a decent shotgun for a (relatively) reasonable price. Unfortunately cannot say the same for rifles or handguns.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:38 pm

i agree with mundaire SxS guns are much cheaper then OU.most selling gun now days in my area is new light and it is heavy gun and comes in 3 or 4 models range is maximum 25000rs.resale value of these gun is very low so you can get second hand gun for rs 12 or 13 thousand only and if you plan to buy a second hand single barrel it is available for rs 1500 only of any indian make from any dealer and these SBBL are ejector guns thanks

KULRAJ
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by KULRAJ » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:16 am

Hi Ashok,

I check with DC office for permission to buy gun from J&K. its not big problem.
For other Indian made like side by side From Pathankot i check price is verging from 12000 to 25000Rs
if u have OU made by berretta. plz tell me the model and price.
plz post some picture of gun. Important is availability of gun.

Dear Abhijeet,

I am agreeing with u. In 55k i can get English made side by side second hand gun. But problem is condition...
Now dealer’s r polishing the old gun which looks like a new gun.
The guns second hand guns from J&k Himachel, And U.P r used more because of illigal hunting.
Now i have one offer from Chandigarh one retired police officer is selling his sxs w & b make in 100k but cost is more for webly & scote.

Rest if u know someone have good condition English gun then tell me.
plz as a 2nd option tell me which Indian gun is best.

Regards
Kulraj Singh

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:55 pm

ashokgodara wrote:more thing you might get stock made of walnut
The stock on the khairuddin is made from J&K walnut only. They dont add any stain to color the stock, thats the reason that sometimes it appears pretty blank. Some of the stocks that i have seen there, they are just absolute beauty.

Another thing, if you can wait, then the recent lot of there O/U in production, they are have CNC bored EN-18 barrel, not EN-8, which is generally used. Also, they are putting rib on it.

Single trigger, not yet available, but they are working on it. They have spanish Laurona, which has selective single/double trigger mechanism, which is that both the triggers double up as single trigger also.

KULRAJ
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by KULRAJ » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:50 am

Hi Ali,

I call Khairuddin factory in Jammu. Thay told me thay have Laurona spain sxs and cost is approk 60k to 80k
for diffrent models.
U vist the factory.
I want to know Laurona guns stock thay have new or old.

Regards
Kulraj Singh

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 pm

I have visited their factory more than once.

The stock is old as you cant import the gun after the ban, but they are unused and kept properly sealed and lubed. They are as crisp as you would expect them to be.

I didnt check out the SxS, as they were not my interest, but i saw few of them and they have some better ones too, if not wrong then they have Aya SxS also.
Its just that each trip i intent to see the whole stock but run out of time as busy with my own work and i am there for just 5-6 hrs and time flies by talking with Afzal uncle.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:58 am

KULRAJ wrote:Hi Friends,

Does any one know which is best over and under indian made shotgun.
I heard about Modern And Khairuddin & Sons which is better.
Modern price is 35000 and Khairuddin is nearly 55000K.
if any other brand is avalable please tell me.

Regards
Kulraj Singh
There is no recent information or post on this topic so i called up the modern factory Jammu. They were not able to provide very elaborate info but person on the line was Balwinder Singh (if i am not mistaken), who asked me to visit factory which is not always practical. He was reluctant to disclose the price but after repeatedly asking he said we sell it for 60k in Jammu retail and cant say price in Punjab as there is no demand. Last lot cleared by govt was from 2015/2016. Fresh stock ia still awaited clearance as it takes 1/1.5 year by govt. for testing. He also told me to prefer a gun without ejectors as it carries less problem. Regarding single and double trigger he couldnot clarify. I questioned him on failure of single trigger where i have heard cases where single trigger fires both cartiridge at same time, he expressed his ignorance and said i should better enquire from a shooter as they dont fire more then 4 rounds for testing and rest of the testing is done at a govt. facility. I am onto it . If anyone has latest info kindly msg me directly or post in this thread.
Cheers!
Ajaaybeer
Faridkot Punjab.