Beretta 412 single barrel folding 12 gauge shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Beretta 412 single barrel folding 12 gauge shotgun

Post by The Doc » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:51 pm

Experts,

I have been offered a Beretta 412 single barrel folding 12 gauge shotgun synthetic stock, 28 inch barrel in MINT condition. I have read about this firearm on the net and they say that its a good strong economical version that beretta brought out for beginers.

I would be interested to know your views and pros/cons of buying it. Does a synthetic stock starts to wear and look shabby with time? How does one maintain a synthetic stock? Also is the price 35k ok for this firearm?

thanks,
RP 8)

PS:- Sorry I keep asking about different firearms but you see I am trying to fill my 3 firearms quota fast.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Beretta 412 single barrel folding 12 gauge shotgun

Post by Grumpy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:45 am

The Beretta 412 and 413 were very cheap folding single barrel guns - the general belief is that they were not built by Beretta but bought in from one of the numerous Italian manufacturers who make such guns. Certainly the quality is not up to usual Beretta standards.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:29 am

Hi Orthopod,

The Baretta folding cud be nice ...but at that price if u look around u shud find a decent Belgium made DBBL Gun.
Most folding guns are Non Ejectors...but if u looking for a SBBL gun try and get the price down by 10,000/- Most imported SB guns sell in the range of 18-22 (in very good condition if not mint condition)...
Try visiting shops in Kanpur & Lucknow ....plenty of stocks... may be Badshah cud help in suggesting some dealers there.....otherwise the situation there is like searching for a needle in the hay stack...u have more gun shops there than ..............................................Happy searching
The seller I think is NOT demanding much for the price for the gun than he might be asking for its name BARETTA.

AC

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:31 am

AC ,

I think you have hit the nail on the head, the dealer definitely is selling the name BERETTA.

Grumpy,

Does a synthetic stock start to wear and look shabby with time? How does one maintain a synthetic stock?

RP 8)

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:32 am

Dear RP,
According to the condition something around 25k is ok of the gun ,as these days its hard to find guns in mint condition.
But as SBBL guns are less in demand so u can find many in good price.Recently a saw a Greener,the guy was asking 25k for it.
Nylon stocks are good and also light weight.just avoid it from getting scratched.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:13 pm

RP,
A Beretta is a Beretta,doesnt get better,you cant go wrong.
Googs review about this model are good too.
Just try to negotiate on the price and guess you have a very good gun in your hands.
Good luck.
PS whatever happened to the mint condition Arminius.
Best
Sanjay

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:56 am

Sanjay,

Thanks for your views. I think I am gonna go for both the Beretta and the Arminius to fill the 3 gun quota. I already have a IOF .22 rifle. Beretta will be bought first and the Arminius might take some time. Lets see what happens.

Just wondering about the synthetic stock. Do you have any experience with synthetic stocks?

RP 8)

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:18 am

Best of luck & go for it.Dont worry to much about the stock.its good,u can later change the furniture with the help of good experts on this forum.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:00 am

....In case u have a S&W in mind Mint condition in box never used the revolver is wrapped in the original brown wax paper . Barrel length is 3" ...but its expensive.

AC

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:51 am

AC,

Please PM.

regards,

RP.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:58 am

Hi AC,
Can u PM me the details also.
Badshah
art_collector";p="17118 wrote: ....In case u have a S&W in mind Mint condition in box never used the revolver is wrapped in the original brown wax paper . Barrel length is 3" ...but its expensive.

AC

shahid

Post by shahid » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 pm

How about posting a pic of this Beretta SBBL shotgun here. It might shoot well for that matter. Italian gunmakers are pretty skilled and make some fairly good higher end products.