Info needed on Rajasthan gunmaker

Posts related to shotguns.
mehulkamdar

Info needed on Rajasthan gunmaker

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Friends,

You would be familiar with Nickudu, a very good friend of our forums and an authority on big bore rifles. He recently bought a shotgun and wants information on it. I would be obliged to anyone who could get information on the gun and the gunmaker for him. The details that he has sent me are as follows:

It appears to be a "trade gun" of some variety but pretty definitely from or intended for India. I think this shotgun (I am no expert in this area) is a 12 gauge percussion black powder muzzleloader. At the chamber it reads VARDI CHAND PANNA ./. L. Just below, it reads SIKLIGAR - UDAIPUR - 1970 ML GUN NO.5692 BP and on top it reads BP 12 .719" Not Nitro 89 GRS 1 1/4 OZ.. On the right sideplate it reads V SIKLIGAR. Mechanically, the gun still cocks and fires and gives every indication that it remains a shooter. On one side of the butt stock is a hinnged metal trapdoor where caps might be stored. Ram rod is present and overall condition is very good to fine, I would guess. Is this shotgun of any value? Thanks for ALL ... Nick

In a separate mail, he sent me this additional information:

I found this Company on the Internet:

Vardichand Pannalal Sikligar, Udaipur
Manufacturer and exporters of firearms and replica guns, pistols, sharp edged weapons, swords, Daggers, knives, spears, bayonets, bows, arrow heads, armour, chainmail, trousers, shields, helmets and other weaponry.

Udaipur,
Rajasthan, India, 313 004.

Could any member please help with identifying this gun or check with the company in question?

Thanks and best wishes!

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Info needed on Rajasthan gunmaker

Post by art_collector » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:11 pm

Hi Mehul,

Send an e mail to Gajender Parihar at Curious House Udaipur. I think this company was their's prior to a split in the family business . Even if it was not their business he wuld be able to give u the best information as the address is the same... 42 Swaroop Sagar.. Udaipur both for curious house as well as the gun maker u mentioned in ur post.

AC