Sjogren shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Sjogren shotgun

Post by Katana » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:47 pm

On my usual Saturday afternoon visit to my friendly neighbourhood arms dealer, I came across an unusual shotgun. Something of the like that I had never seen nor handled. It's Danish; made by firm called Sjogren and has an unusual action, in the sense that the entire action slides rearwards on firing it, quite akin to pistols.

Take a look:
SjogrenShotgun 013 (Small).jpg
SjogrenShotgun 011 (Small).jpg
SjogrenShotgun 009 (Small).jpg
SjogrenShotgun 008 (Small).jpg
SjogrenShotgun 004 (Small).jpg
SjogrenShotgun 002 (Small).jpg
On doing a wikipedia/ google search, this is what I came up with : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj%C3%B6gren_shotgun , http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... ia-Shotgun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Sjogren shotgun

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Amazing Katana what you find and share the treasures in India ...just have the gun room folks start a tour and folks would come and see the unique guns in your neighbourhood...Looking forward to comments on this shotty

Cheers

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:11 pm

I did some more snooping on the net. Apparently this is the action that Bennelli based their designs. Also just over 5000 were produced in 1908-09. This one's serial number is 1194 so its an early make.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Katana,

You dealer friend surely comes out with rare ones ! This inertia shotgun seems to be in a good nick too, however I would be a little apprehensive about that chunk of steel coming towards my face as the gun goes off . Would the aiming eye be too close to the combustion products from the blast ?

best,
Rp.

P.S. What happened to that tripple bore .22lr rifle ? What is the asking price or has it been sold ?
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 pm

His father asked me to try it today. Very politely declined anything to do with old firearms :lol:

About the triple bore I thought I gave you his number. He still has it. At least I didn't hear of it being sold off.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Katana wrote:About the triple bore I thought I gave you his number.
Not to me I am afraid . Will be grateful if you do .

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Doc,

Check your PM box

Katana

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Doc: There is no blast of gas coming back, your eye would be safe. Aside the fact that (safety) glasses are recommended any time you shoot.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Very interesting. Never heard of the gun making company before.
Though I have read about an auto immune disease (rather syndrome) with the same name.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:40 am

never seen one like this.interesting weapon.thanks friend..sjoren reminds of a medical condition relating to thyroid.never heard of a gun with this name.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:11 am

Dr,

I believe it is called sjorgren's syndrome. Just read the header while searching for the make and action of the shotgun. Upon realising it had nothing to do with shotgunning I promptly overlooked it :lol:

Katana

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 am

dr.jayakumar wrote:sjoren reminds of a medical condition relating to thyroid.
Sjögren syndrome is a chronic autoimmune disorder characterized by xerostomia (dry mouth), xerophthalmia (dry eyes), and lymphocytic infiltration of the exocrine glands. This triad is also known as the sicca complex. The disease may also affect joints, lungs, kidneys, blood vessels, digestive organs, genitals and nerves.
Most people who get Sjogren's syndrome are older than 40 out of which 90% are women. While the exact cause of Sjogren's syndrome is not known, there is growing scientific support for genetic (inherited) factors. It is also found more commonly in families that have members with other autoimmune illnesses, such as SLE, autoimmune thyroid disease, type I diabetes, etc.

:sorry: :OT: but I had to clarify.

Given a choice between Sjögren syndrome and Sjögren shotgun , I'd take the latter any day ! :mrgreen:

best,
Rp.

ganeshnayak
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ganeshnayak » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:57 pm

I recently bought this , more for its collector's item value.
Looks and feels great

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:06 am

Congrats ganeshnayak and post pictures ..
Cheers

ganeshnayak
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ganeshnayak » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:28 am

Thanks.
Will post later.