Gustav Genschow Shotguns

Posts related to shotguns.
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Gustav Genschow Shotguns

Post by Risala » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Folks
Am looking at a Gustav Genschow Shotgun,could I have some feed back on this pl.
Thanks in advance.
Sanjay

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Gustav Genschow Shotguns

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:18 am

Sanjay,

In the pre WW-2 years, Gustav Genschow made several different guns under the Geco brand. Theya re nice guns overall but the company had a vast range of products. If you were to post more details of the gun in question, perhaps, we could find more information for you.

If you need specific information, I can think of two sources: www.internetgunclub.com and www.germanguns.com

We also have a leading German gun authority on our forums who is currently on a trek across the Himalayas and who should be returning to Germany shortly. His login name is PWM and you could ask him for his opinion. I shall also ask my friend Johan who is a member here and has a vast knowledge of Central European fireamrs to check this post out after you post more details about the gun that you're interested in.

Some of the information that would help would be:

1. Configuration: Single barrel/double barrel, side by side/over and under, hammer/hammerless, and if hammerless, then boxlock or sidelock

2. Bore, barrel length, choke information if any, method of opening the gun - top lever, under lever etc

3. Details of any markings on the gun though pictures may be a better option here

4. Style of stock and forend - again pictures would be better

Thinking of which, if you could post pictures here, the rest of the details may not really be neccessary.

Cheers!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:45 am

Funny company Geco - quality could vary from decidedly crummy to absolutely top class. They catered for all markets I suppose.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:31 pm

Mehul,
Thanks,it will be a while before I can send you the pictures,meanwhile am waiting for the paper work to come through.Permission to Sell & Repurchase.
But the lil info I have is.
GECO 12 Gauge 30 " SxS.Hammerless & Boxlock with 2 piece ejectors.
Choke info and now this is getting out of my league.
185184 Choke 182
The other barrel Choke 182
The fruniture as claimed by the dealer is original.Looked ok to me.
But the strange thing is the Proof Marks they are Spanish. :o

German gun with Spanish Proofmarks ????

Grumpy is this crummy or topclass. :)

The search has just begun,will keep bugging you folks with a few other makes as well.
Thanks anyway,
Sanjay

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:37 pm

I couldn`t comment on the quality Sanjay - I`d have to see the gun to be able to decide from the wood to metal fit, the quality of engraving, finish, etc, etc.
The gun could have been imported by Geco for a cheap line - pre-war Spanish boxlocks aren`t so great - or could have been rebarrelled at some time in Spain ...... which seems very unlikely.
Just can`t comment without seeing the gun and the proof marks.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:14 am

Grumpy
Will try to post pictures with all the details when I next go there in a few weeks,during this time he is expecting a few more shot guns for a wider selection.
Thanks
Sanjay

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:24 am

Sanjay";p="15976 wrote: during this time he is expecting a few more shot guns for a wider selection.
Sanjay
You must visit kanpur for a wider selection of guns. Each dealer can atleast show you more than 100 shotguns.

Danish

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:36 am

Sanjay if u want to go for an Army Navy ,Good condition with extra barrell 28" & 30" contact Nanda shastralay ,lucknow.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Danish
Might just do that,in any case it will take min of 6 weeks for the permission to come through,not before early May,guess syncs well with the UP elections.

Does Zafar have a shop in Kanpur/Lucknow.

Badshah
Thanks,cant happen before May,will check if available around that time.
Thanks
Sanjay