Need Help : Pump Action Shotgun Prices.

Posts related to shotguns.
ajikappil
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Need Help : Pump Action Shotgun Prices.

Post by ajikappil » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:00 pm

it's sad to know that IOF Jokers wont be selling Pump Action Guns to Individuals anymore. However, Can it be purchsed via dealers..?

What will be the Approx Price ?

What about foreign models like Remington if I go via a Dealer ?
?Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).?

Eddie lzzard

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:11 am

ajikappil";p="15418 wrote: What about foreign models like Remington if I go via a Dealer ?
Phoren make sumthing starting from 80k to no limit,in India,,can get a very gud one aroud 1.10-1.25 lac
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Need Help : Pump Action Shotgun Prices.

Post by Risala » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:22 pm

ajikappil";p="15418 wrote:it's sad to know that IOF Jokers wont be selling Pump Action Guns to Individuals anymore. However, Can it be purchsed via dealers..?

What will be the Approx Price ?

What about foreign models like Remington if I go via a Dealer ?
Before you purchase one,suggest that you check with the local Licensing authority whether they will endorse the same on your lic.
Thanks
Sanjay

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:03 pm

There is no problem in endorsement of a pump action shotgun on any valid shotgun license.
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

ajikappil
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ajikappil » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:42 pm

Thanks Guys for all the Info ....

Should I look for any Specific Models ?

Which ones do U think are Good ?
?Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).?

Eddie lzzard

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:37 pm

The IOF pump action was stopped on civilian licences only because the barrel length was 20.5" .In many places the licensing authorities don"t enter the same . You wud need a special licence to possess it. So before u buy it please check if it wud be entered on ur licence.
And IOF pump action has some major problem. Heard tat security guards have to get their guns repaired every time they go for their monthly firing at the range

AC

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:09 pm

Artcollector,

A smooth bore gun with a barrel length of 20" or more is a non prohibited firearm and therefore can be owned by anybody with a license for a SBBL gun.The IOF manufactures 2 versions of the pump action shotgun one with an 18" barrel and anither with a 20" barrel.The former is for sale only to somebody with a license for a prohibited shotgun and the armed forces and police.The latter is for civilian sale.Bank's are issued licenses for a gun by the DM, the same as you and me.Why the Home mInistry has stopped the sale of the gun with a 20" barrel to anybody other than banks and PSU's is a mystery.

penpusher

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:11 pm

art_collector";p="15815 wrote:And IOF pump action has some major problem. Heard tat security guards have to get their guns repaired every time they go for their monthly firing at the range
Now, that's not very encouraging! :roll:

BTW - If I am not mistaken the pump action design is one of the cheapest one's to mass produce... Maybe one of our overseas members can enlighten us as to how much the good ones sell for new... Though I am sure, if and when the IOFB pump does make it to the market... IOFB will price it at 15-20 time the production cost, if not more... :evil:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:17 pm

Abhijeet,

The price is in the region of 40,000/-Even the IOF chaps are not very happy with this restriction.

penpusher

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Hi penpusher,

Thanx 4 the information. I distinctly remember te banks gun licence is issued by Home Ministry. Its a brown color licence copy. Subsequent renewals however are done by the licensing branch.
Really have no clue regarding te procedure in other states.
The barrel length is ofcourse less than what is prescibed in The Arms Act and thats why they dont issue it to civillians any more and hence it has this special licence.
But I cud be wrong ...so let me update my self. Thanx anyway for sharing the information.

AC

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:25 pm

art_collector,

What had happened initially is that some shotguns with a barrel length of 18" were mistakenly supplied by the IOF to the dealers who then sold them to people with a license for a SBBL gun.The Home Ministry had then stopped the sale of IOF pump action shotguns and asked for details from the states of all those who had been sold such shotguns for a prohibited license to be issued to them to make the sale legal.This was a one time measure and maybe that is how the bank got that license.The colour of the license book has no significance.

penpusher

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:30 pm

Thanku.........for the information...atleast it updates us .

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:10 am

art_collector";p="15815 wrote: And IOF pump action has some major problem. Heard tat security guards have to get their guns repaired every time they go for their monthly firing at the range

AC
The main problem was ejecting paper shells,,but the problem was sorted out when IOf started making Nylon Shell.(i am not sure but some one told me that the Nylon shells were introduced by IOF specially because of pump action,as ejection was a big problem in it,mostly during the monsoon )

its not only wit IOF pump action,this problem will come in every pump action/semi auto firing paper wads.