Modern Over under shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:33 pm

hi Mack The Knife
the handgrip is a little smaller but i guess we just gotta make do with it
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:18 pm

vishosingh";p="14799 wrote:hi kanwar ,
modern is still manufacturing the gun . regarding the performance i would say beggers cant be choosers , it is a little front heavy but otherwise a well mannered gun, will post the pics of the breech soon
Thanks a lot Visho,

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Modern Over under shotgun

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:22 pm

I wasn't aware O/U's were made in India. Talk about learning new things.
Can someone direct me to some kind of listing of manufacturers/contacts and prices? How do I contact Modern...and whoever else. I have some friends who might be pretty interested in procuring O/U's

Thanks

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:43 pm

U/U has been manufactured by Kashmir Gun Makers for many years now. At least for 5 or 6 years. But they are not very advanced guns. Still double trigger models, and OK balance, not fine guns, but fairly ordinary guns.

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Guys. I have been reading the posts in this string. Let me tell you one thing and that is- Not a single firearm made in India is worth it's price except for maybe the .22 LR replica of Brno but as someone mentioned, Beggars can't be choosers. The Kashmiri O/U has been used by me in Trap Shooting in 90 or 91 and believe me, after every 5 or 6 shots I had to put the barrel under a running tap to cool it as it would heat up so much that the front end of the barrel would become hazy and you would have difficulty in knowing where exactly you were aligning it. It was definitely not for Competition shooting as it did not have air vents between the barrels and if it is for other purposes then a S/S is better any day.

Cheers.
Arindam.
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:35 pm

Arindam

I agree with you. Today i went to a gun dealer shop to deposite my guns, i saw a modern O/U in the rack of that shop. I took that gun in my hand and for the first time i saw it to closely. The gun is very poorly built and the trigger of the gun is in very bad shape. There was no rib on the barrel and it was in single piece ejector. But still, if we indians have dreams of owing one O/U in a very low budget then its a beretta of a poor man. :)

Danish

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:49 pm

Ejector ? No. Must be a single piece extractor. If the gun heats up after just 5 to 6 shots it is rubbish then. Good for guards who sit outside shops on stools in most Indian Bazaars now.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:45 am

Indian guns are definitely not for competition shooting,good for home defense,at best for occassional shooting.
Best
Sanjay

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:20 pm

cooldude";p="15332 wrote:Guys. I have been reading the posts in this string. Let me tell you one thing and that is- Not a single firearm made in India is worth it's price except for maybe the .22 LR replica of Brno but as someone mentioned, Beggars can't be choosers. The Kashmiri O/U has been used by me in Trap Shooting in 90 or 91 and believe me, after every 5 or 6 shots I had to put the barrel under a running tap to cool it as it would heat up so much that the front end of the barrel would become hazy and you would have difficulty in knowing where exactly you were aligning it. It was definitely not for Competition shooting as it did not have air vents between the barrels and if it is for other purposes then a S/S is better any day.
Cheers.
Arindam.
I think barrel heating is problem with most of Indian made guns not just o/u. We use to have a Jammu made (forgot name of the maker) S*S and I was told not to fire more than 10 rounds in one session or barrel will bend so I was under the impression that this is problem with every shotgun irrespective of make :)

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:39 pm

Yaa most of the Indian Guns have this problem....the reason possibly is that most of the Indian guns are/were made from ERW pipes .

The process of making barrels has improved in the last few years . Now many manufacturers use EN 19 seamless pipes. But a lot is still required to be done. May be in future things might improve.

And why forget " CHALTA HAI" is our general approach to most of the things. Guns are no different... so as long as customers/buyers do not demand quality the problem wud always remain.

AC

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:02 am

Guns are not made from ERW pipes. Only poor country made illegal weapons are made from ERW pipes.

Barrels are bored from seamless tubes.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:16 am

Yaa I know that...but I happened to visit the Munger gun factory about 10 -12 years back...There most of the guns were made from ERW pipes purchased from railway auctions.
...yaa now things have changed...and some standardisation in manufacturing has come but still a long way to go..
It's more difficult because of the small manufacturing licences....most of them make 200 guns in a year and with 10 -15 partners sharing that..quality ofcourse is no more a priority

AC

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:59 am

hi kanwar
posting the pics of the breech.and another thing is i have personally used the gun in the field and have not faced much of a problem with the barrel heating

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Visho,
What's the max no of rounds you fired with this gun at any one time.
Just curious.
Sanjay

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:42 am

hi sanjay,
i have used the gun for firing 8 shots simultaneously, the barrels do heat up but its not much of a problem in the field in the winters. at the range i guess it may cause a problem in the heat
. but i guess for a limited budget it proves to be a good buy. the fit and finish of this gun is alright.remember this is an indian gun and far away in terms of standard from imported ones.
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.