Lanber shotguns

Posts related to shotguns.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Lanber shotguns

Post by Vikram » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:14 am

I know that the Lanbers (http://lanber.net/ingles/index.htm) are very functional guns and I only heard good words about them.When I was going through the link given by Mehul

http://www.surreysportingclub.co.uk/Home.htm

I spotted a couple of Lanbers in the guns for hire section.They must be seeing some volume shooting.Any experience or knowledge of these guns you would like to share?Thanks.

Best-

Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: Lanber shotguns

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:47 pm

Vikram,

Felix Lanber makes good guns. They are popular "using" guns over here. Nothing as fancy as the Arrizabalagas, Grullas Artesanos Egos etc but sturdy and fairly popular. At the moment, theya re not imported into the US AFAIK but that is more because their importer retired than because of any other reason.

Cheers!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Spanish, functional and reliable but nothing special. Quality and finish of similar models could be variable......something that used to be a problem with many Spanish guns.
The O/U sporters used to be distributed in the UK by the same company that distributed Beretta and the Lanbers tended to be regarded as somewhat downmarket Berrettas. In more recent times their reputation declined a little - not because of the actual quality but because people no longer tend to regard them as poor mans - or beginners - Berettas.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:28 am

Thanks Mehul and Grumpy.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

shahid

Post by shahid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:37 pm

Aya of Spain are making some very very good O/U guns now. Spanish Gun makers have always been top class for over a century now, except that they don't get so much rave review an the London GUn makers have been able to command.

vishosingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vishosingh » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:26 pm

i know someone who has recently purchased a lanber over under 12 gauge,26 inch barrels for about 1.5 lacs,
it is a nice gun good to handle and well balanced, it looked to me like a skeet gun
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:32 pm

"Spanish Gun makers have always been top class for over a century now,"

That`s news to me. Spanish gunmakers have been regarded as distinctly second class up until very recently. AYAs sidelock SxS doubles were the first Spanish guns guns to be regarded as being of better quality and that was around thirty years ago. Since then some really good Spanish guns have been made with Arrizabalaga being regarded as the best followed by Grulla. AYA are in about fourth place nowadays. The AYA O/U is pretty horrible being a cheap Merkel type copy - it doesn`t, and hasn`t sold well. The ONLY top quality Spanish O/U is the Kemen although I`m not sure if it is currently in production - a good competition gun in the Perazzi/better Beretta/Renato Gamba class and a similar price.