Brno ZP49 Hard Hitter DeLuxe.

Posts related to shotguns.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Brno ZP49 Hard Hitter DeLuxe.

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:53 am

Okay, Grumpy and Sharieff, the next time I will pattern it myself.

Should I draw the 30" circle before hand or around the densest part of the pattern later?

Should I shoot from the regulation 40 yards as well?
Do you mean that your friend was moving the gun when firing the right barrel with No 1s ?
No. He pulled or to be more precise, pushed this shot to the left in error. He would merely mount and shoot within a second.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:20 pm

You draw a 30" circle with a dot in the centre and put it on a flat wall 40 yards away. You them aim the gun ( rib flat, bead on the dot ) and fire. The number of pellets in the circle relative to the number actually fired indicates the density of the pattern. The relation of the pattern to the centre of the circle indicates the actual point of aim. The actual point of aim relative from one barrel to the other indicates how the barrels are regulated - they should be regulated to cross ( ie share the same point of aim ) at 40 yards.
The pattern density has little to do with the actual pattern. The patterns shown when using No 1 shot are so bad that they are barely believable. They`d be hopeless for hunting as you`ld hit hardly anything. You`ll have to pattern the gun again........properly.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:13 pm

Thanks. Will carry out the tests as described. May take a couple of weeks before I can get to the range though.

Mack The Knife

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:30 am

Mack The Knife,

Firstly, congratulations on finally buying your shotgun.Accept my apologies for not having done so earlier.The gun looks good and I am sure with your magic touch,it would emerge prettier. :D

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:39 am

Thanks, Vikram.

As for the magic touch, it cannot even remove the plastic 'stain' from the bore...

Will start working on it once I get the turn screws sorted.

Mack The Knife