DBBL SPANISH ASTRA shotgun

Posts related to shotguns.
denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

DBBL SPANISH ASTRA shotgun

Post by denzilmatthew » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Hi Mack The Knife,

My father is having DBBL SXS Astra spanish. I want to know more about this gun How this gun is?etc. On it is written Diamond Compressed Steel what this means? Barrel is 32" and 17.2 Left and 18.2 Right choke is there. Do let me know the site where I can get more information.

Regards,

Denzil

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: DBBL SPANISH ASTRA shotgun

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:08 am

You`ll find it very difficult to find any information on older Spanish guns as model life was very short and guns were usually built on a co-operative basis so that two apparently similar guns might have been made by two completely different gunmakers even though they bear the same makers name and model. As far as I know the Astra company ceased trading a few years ago.
`Diamond Compressed Steel` appears on the barrels I presume and doesn`t mean a lot. `Diamond` might be the company that produced the tubes but I doubt it - it was probably a trademark. `Compressed Steel` refers ( vaguely ) to the manufacturing process.
Sorry to be so unhelpful.

shahid

Re: DBBL SPANISH ASTRA shotgun

Post by shahid » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:38 am

Only good experiences with the Astra. My elder brother Kaiser used to own it for a period of time. About a decade in fact, at a time when he was in the prime of his youth and he did some of his best shooting with this ASTRA, being an excellent all round gun. He would use this and not the costlier upper end guns in order not to damage them in travel and while outdoors. Thus the ASTRA protected the BOSS, John Manton, Hussey, Gibbs and Purdey, while performing with great reilability.

It lives in semi retirement with the present owner, a retired police officer from Bihar who has hardly fired a shot from the good old ASTRA.

It was purchased in early 1980s for Rs. 12,000 and sold in 1990 for Rs. 40,000.