Visit to Khairudin Gun factory-Gun Pics uploaded

Posts related to shotguns.
veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Visit to Khairudin Gun factory

Post by veejosh » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks a ton for sharing your baby right from the inception to the current stage. It was nice to note that you are happy with the performance (thats what matters) and the handling. Do let us know how it does in competition levels.

Best,

Vikas

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:22 am

deepinder wrote: infact none of them had ever sold one, but still held a bad opinion . afzal ji needs to work on marketing these beauties
i plan to visit jammu and pick up one
how was your experience in transporting the gun to delhi
I'm in punjab and have an all india license but still mr afzal is saying i need a permission to buy from the DM jammu
Afzal uncle is lil eccentric person, so its lil hard to convince him to work on the beautification and marketing, he believes in letting the gun do the talking. Also he has his own share of experiences which have made him like that, So cant do much on that, but yea trying atleast now after 4 visits and so many long conversations, he has started giving me some ears and listens and tries to reason what i am asking or saying :D
I dont think you need permission from Jammu DM if you have all india license.
I had to take NOC from delhi and against that NOC got TL made from DM jammu as my license was Delhi only., This was taken care by Afzal uncle only, i had to pay i think 1000 for it.
In your case i think you should just take the purchase permission from your SP office and just travel over, buy and get it without and get it endorsed on your license. But please check your SP/DM office on this, each office is running their own rukus on this :deadhorse: , So dont take my word, please check with them.
prashantsingh wrote:Very well written and informative post sa_ali.
How did I miss it earlier?
Congratulations on your new gun.
:cheers:
Thank you
veejosh wrote:Thanks a ton for sharing your baby right from the inception to the current stage.
Do let us know how it does in competition levels.
Vikas
Thats the intention, jst pray that i am able to first get min required for the Mavlankar. I had my self requested in the very beginning that we have the field trial carried out for this gun, when Amjad had posted about this gun about a year back. Later i realized that its easier said than done, So took the plunge :), any ways beggers cant be choosers ;). I didnt have too many options in gun. :mrgreen:

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 pm

for past few day the range is out of bound due to the competition going on, so not much update on the firing.

Till now 50 rounds of ammo have gone through, mostly firing single barrel only, the gun is still holding on :D.

I didnt face any misfiring in the last round of shooting i did on wednesday, it was better also as i felt more confident about the shooting and less worried abt the gun, it was handling better than the first day, no fumbling or confusion on which trigger to pull. :lol:

I got sure shot 9 kills, 2 more i am not 100%, out of these 3 were biting dust, So it was definitely an improvement of other day score, but not counting much on it as it can be a lucky day also :roll: , where the bad luck was also good.

I am attaching pic of the gun as i though this is what every one would be waiting for. :wink:

-- Sat Sep 24, 2011 23:07 --

Some more of the barrel, joint and the wood.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Visit to Khairudin Gun factory-Gun Pics uploaded

Post by sa_ali » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 pm

If any member wants to see it or try it out, you are more than welcome. I can tie up and meet you at the Delhi Karni Singh range.

1 disclaimer, if you want to fire it, bring your own ammo 8) , already running short of that so cant spare that :roll:

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:35 pm

No replies, thats strange. :(

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 am

Time to update.

This weekend i have crossed 3 digit no, i have fired 150 rounds from this gun.

The last round, i did the shooting alone, which meant that i shoot the 25 birds alone, so the cooling period for the barrel was really down, no matter how slow i could shoot still the time interval couldnt be that much as that of while shooting in squad of 5 or 6 ppl. The barrel was not heating up, it was normal.

The only thing which is lil erratic is the ejector system, its troubling in upper barrel, that have i already discussed and given feedback to Afzal uncle. We might that to alter the ejector plunger a lil bit, its alignment might have gone out. Its working fine in dry practice with snap caps.

Score is lil erratic, friday i was oofff the mark, so shot 4-5 :(, so went back the dry practice infront of the mirror and on saturday i was 11. This is single barrel, i am not shooting both barrels.

Obviously 150 round is nothing what this gun has to bear down the line, hopefully by this month end i will cross 500 mark. If this gun hold good for 2000 round and takes me to a level of 15-18 birds per round with nothing majorily going wrong with the barrel or the mechanism, i would consider it excellent deal, spl when i heard the recent rate of perrazi and berratta on the range. Guns with screw in choke is being quoted at rate of 5lac +, i dont know how much its true, but thats what i got to know.

Lever Action
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lever Action » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Ali , hows the gun performing on the range , have you started shooting with the other barrel and hows ejector and barrel heating ..

Regards
Lever Action

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 pm

SO far i have shoot total of 250.
Max fired in a single day 60-70.
Ejector is lil inconsistent, 1-2 out of 10 times it would work, I have already identified the issue and shared it with Mr Afzal, he is working on it.

No issue on the barrel heating. I have had several instance where i have fired complete round of 25 on range alone or with just 1 more person, So that meant that barrel had less time to cool off.
Its not that i have not used the other barrel, i have fired some rounds wherein i have used them interchangeably.

Lever Action
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lever Action » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Thats good to know that barrel heating is within limits , and what about ejector can they be rectified at the factory ..

Regards
Lever Action

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:21 pm

sa_ali

Was it you whose gun discharged accidentally the moment it was closed ?

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:56 pm

I checked it again, it got discharged as i was having habbit of keeping the finger on the trigger and the rear trigger it lil soft. I went through that several more times just to ensure its not accidental.

Optimus_PB
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Optimus_PB » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:52 am

Thanks sa_ali for the great review and experience sharing

This might be a good time for this question after almost 1.5 years, how is the gun doing, please share your further experience, also what is your experience of the impact of having a double trigger, is it good/bad for Trap and Skeet?

Thanks
Optimus

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:42 pm

I have got it converted to single trigger, but it is still in trial, I have done lot of dry run with snap cap, but field trial is pending, I intend to hit the range soon and start trying it.

I have rarely shoot shot skeet so cant comment on that but trap i think this trigger with current hardness, one should be able to used with some practice, Its not as light as what you get in imported brands.

I shall try to post pic soon as i have got the rib installed, stock modified and re finished

manubrar67
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by manubrar67 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Thanks sa_ali for making efforts to write this much detailed article on gun... I really liked the gun but aleo have a question can i use this particular model for self defence or as self defence weapon in home really appreciate if someone could answer.....cheers...
Brar sahb

manubrar67
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by manubrar67 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks sa_ali for making efforts to write this much detailed article on gun... I really liked the gun but also have a question can i use this particular model for self defence or as home self defence weapon i really appreciate if someone could answer.....cheers...
Brar sahb