Purchase a new DBBL (help required )

Posts related to shotguns.
darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Purchase a new DBBL (help required )

Post by darashp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 pm

I have the same dbbl lining model iof gun and in original condition and i have bought it for 30000 rs last year.The asking price are very much high.

For Advertising mail webmaster
zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Its a request to please share your comments on the last post made regarding this old IOF. I have never come across such a gun made by IOF. I need someone who can advise if this gun is worth 65k.
I know few of the members have no interest in indian made dbbl but this is what we have available. No matter what people have posted regarding IOF dbbl history but practically it is a normal gun and shoot normal as other guns.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 am

I can`t comment because I`ve never examined an IOF shotgun.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:58 pm

Honestly - Id think it would be better to purchase a new Shaktiman DBBL than go for an older IOF. However, if you still want to go for the IOF it shouldn't cost more than 35k .
/S
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks Grumpy
@darashp the cost seems quite high to me so your comments added positive energy.
I have just bought an IOF dbbl. The gun is in good condition and the inner barrels are like glass without a spot. Overall condition look good. Fired # 1 shaktiman cartridge each barrel. Working justg fine.Have a look
Last edited by zaheer.bakshi on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airguns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airguns » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:03 am

The first IOF gun, had an after market stock and been refinished. The one you actually bought, is in original condition minus the superficial wearing of that paint like IOF factory finish. If good internally, it is a nice find, get it refinished and nicely restocked. These guns are a copy of the BSA (dovetailed barrels etc.), quite strong and should last you a life-time. Best of luck!

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:01 am

The BSA originals were renowned for their value for money and were fundamentally tough, simple and well-finished. Unfortunately IOF have opted to use paint instead of bluing which is unfortunate ..... but easy to repair. The dovetail barrels were an interesting feature but BSA used them because they were appreciably less expensive to produce than chopper lump barrels. I can`t comment on the condition of the gun because you haven`t shown the interior of the tubes or the breech ends, or the barrel flats or the action flats and face. If you decide to tidy-up the gun you`ll have to rub down the original paint and respray it. DO NOT get the old paint - or new - into the action of the gun. You will have to properly mask-off everything but the areas to be sprayed and don`t spray where it was painted before. If you have any doubts don`t respray because paint in the action could really mess things up.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:28 am

Grumpy,
Some pictures as requested.

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:47 am

More pictures of internal parts

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:56 am

Take the barrels off and show the flats of the barrels ( the underneath of the barrels at the breech end ) the table of the action ( which is the flat, silver part of the gun where the barrels rest when the gun is closed ) and the face of the action ( which is the flat, vertical part of the action where the strikers ( the firing pins ) can be seen.
I`m laughed out loud at you picture of the muzzles ..... two black holes with nothing to be seen. lol.
The tubes look to be good but it`s difficult to tell because there appears to be a series of rings reflected in the left tube and the swirly pattern from your floor tiles reflected in the right tube !
( Terry Pratchett )

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:07 am

Ah .... you posted extra pics while I was typing. The gun appears to be sound but desperately needs a little oil. One drop at the back of the extractor rod , one drop under the extractor at the breech, one drop each side of the hing pins. One drop on each striker. Where there is a moving part is should be VERY lightly lubricated. A light machine oil is best - sewing machine oil will do the job. Clean the barrels after shooting because the combination of unburned powder and humid air is not good and will cause pitting. Rub a clean, oily cloth over ALL of the metalwork ( NOT the wood ) after every use as well. The cloth should be just moistened with oil so that it puts a thin, oily film on the metal which is not really visible. You don`t want drops of oil showing.
( Terry Pratchett )

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:12 am

Grumpy,
Thanks very much for your precious advise. I will follow as instructed. Moreover I'm relaxed that I made the right choice. This is because of the experienced members of this forum. Thank you all.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:42 am

Compared to some of the horrors that have been shown on here this looks a decent gun.
( Terry Pratchett )

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Nice Zaheer and its great when Grumps blesses it...my cousin had IOF and it was tough shotty. He regretted selling it compared to other local shotguns in India. Only other good review was for brand a member bought one from Jammu - just search the forums here for that info. Either way good luck and study the safety rules posted on the forum.
Cheers

zaheer.bakshi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by zaheer.bakshi » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Mr.Grewal,
Appreciate what you told me. Every post will be taken seriously. And yes IOF was a serious find and I feel lucky that Grumpy took his precious time to advise. Thanks again Grumpy.