Moose hit

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Satpal_S
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Satpal_S » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:06 am

Deer have adapted well to living off people's gardens and parks. They are a menace in the suburbs, where I live.

Every morning you go out to find parts of the lawn destroyed by the devils.

They cannot be shot in residential areas, roam quite freely among suburban developments. Have to be careful after dusk not to hit one.

Seems like they know this and just stand there waiting for us to leave, then back to destroying the flower beds and young saplings.

Hate Deer and Rabbits!!

Satpal

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:42 am

Satpal

Try a dog....few days ago that had a black bear romping around in NJ suburn near NYC. For rabbits "seha" pick up an air gun.. you already have the grill going..protein dite

Cheers

Satpal_S
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Satpal_S » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:57 am

Ngrewal:

lived in NJ for almost 10 years, deer were a menace there too. Seems to have overtaken the suburbs everywhere. Deer do not care for dogs, and moroever dogs require work cleaning Doo-Doo like babies.

Cannot shoot Rabbits with Airgun in residential areas. Though it is legal to shoot airgun in garage or backyard, as it is not a firearm.

Chicken fence seems to work, yet is ugly to look at.
I think we have moved into their territory, so have to live by their terms.

Grilling business is done for today, nice full stomach and feeling real "Masti" from the beer.
How is your new gun, any plans to shoot it this weekend.

Post when you go shooting,

Satpal

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:43 am

Satpal

The gun is great but I need to find time to make a trip to range, I will post the snaps soon. Just long days..
Rgds

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:26 am

Any place in the US game meat taken by hunters cannot be sold. What is sold is raised on game ranches. Road kill can be kept in some states, must be turned in to the state in others. Here in Alaska the state has a list of charities who salvage moose or caribou killed in collisions. If you live here long enough, and drive, you will hit a moose. Looks like that lady in Canada was travelling at a good clip and hit the moose straight on. I was lucky, mine went over the top, only smashed, the windshield and dented the top, with minor damage to grille, hood and fender. Still, not something I want to do again anytime soon.
Very tasty, quite mild flavored!

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:20 pm

can a member who is flagged as currently banned post articles
sudhaiob

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:42 pm

No. Have a look at the date the post was made.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:18 pm

When that sign board says so clearly that Moose are on that path then she should have been more careful and alert while driving. Its reckless people like her who are bound to cause more damage not only to animals but people also.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.