Mahendra Inspira

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Mahendra Inspira

Post by cyrixoutside » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:03 pm

hi,

all these mahindra vehicles are available for sale. the mahindra legend is being sold by invitation only, the commando and the inspira are available on order and cost about 6 lakhs each.

in fact mahindra have some sort of a custom shop where a buyer can get their vehicles modified at the factory, though not many people are aware of this.

any way i bought a brand new maruti Gypsy King a few days ago, sells for about 5.5 lakh on road in jaipur for the soft top. Its not the most practical vehicle but its off road abilities are simply amazing, it goes through sand and mud like a joke, i have taken it to some really bad area's and have not even needed to use the 4wd !!

the 5th gear also make highway driving managable

:)

rajat

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:42 pm

cyrixoutside

How's your back.If you go over any rough at some speed in a Gypsy,you do get thrown around a bit.Shaken and definitely not stirred :)

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:33 pm

Heck mate to hunt you need a rifle or anything capable of hurtling a projectile. My bro had the dubious rep of blasting my school mate with a hair trigger air rifle once by accident. Ever since he's sworn off em. But I've got the kids hooked into shooting but I don't think we'll get even plinking done this time. They haven't doone the work for the permits and so lets see I'm carrying my rifle license lets see if that works.

Regards,

Dev

penpusher wrote: Dev,

Read somewhere that you can hunt sone animals that are considered to be vermin ,for free in Australia.One animal I would like to kill for the heck of it ,is a camel. Spent 2 hours on one and it took me a day to recover .The one I rode,farted and spat and gave me an evil loook everytime I kicked it to make it go faster.Only the little boy holding onto it's reins could make it run.That really hurt my ego but not as much as my thighs and bottom.Please no wise cracks.No pun intended. :lol:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

cyrixoutside
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cyrixoutside » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:52 am

hi,

well my gypsy gives an average of about 11 kmpl and in jaipur petrol is about Rs 48.5.

but as far as off road ability goes this vehicle really has no match unless you buy a 25 lakh plus off roader and even then while the comfort level will be there the sheer size will mean that it can not really match the gypsy.

the gypsy is not a SUV, its a RV (Recreational vehicle) so if you want comfortable seating for 4 or more people, low running cost and good road manners then scorpio, innova or tavera are the one to go for.

:)

rajat

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:07 pm

Dev,

It seems that in Australia,the animals are much easier to kill than in USA.So they generally use .308 and 270's or other rifle's in that calibre.Unless you decide to hunt the Buffalo.Besides the buffalo,other animals of Indian origin that you can hunt in Australia are Black Buck and Sambar.Hope you get to shoot if not hunt.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:07 pm

I'd have to agree with Rajat... at that price point the Gypsy is the most competent new vehicle you can buy... Even though it is a little underpowered, which really becomes evident when trying to navigate over sand dunes... it's light weight and "floats over" sand while heavier vehicles would tend to "sink"...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi,

I'm back without firing even a slingshot ;-). So I went to the range yesterday with the Baikal...sob...my scores have again started to look like the work of a mad woodpecker.

Regards,

DEV
penpusher wrote: Dev,

It seems that in Australia,the animals aremuch easier to kill than in USA.So they generally use .308 and 270's or other rifle's in that calibre.Unless you decide to hunt the Buffalo.Besides the buffalo,other animals of Indian origin that you can hunt in Australia are Black Buck and Sambar.Hope you get to shoot if not hunt.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:41 pm

Well, tell us about the fishing atleast!

Start a new thread. This one is supposed to be about Mahendra jalopies. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:21 pm

Hee hee i was wondering how long one could have subverted the thread till a mod caught us ;-).

Promise to spin the fishing yarn tomorrow.

Regards,

Dev
Mack The Knife wrote: Well, tell us about the fishing atleast!

Start a new thread. This one is supposed to be about Mahendra jalopies. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife