goodbye for a while

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

goodbye for a while

Post by dev » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:35 pm

Okay those of you still at the daily grind I am off to Assam for two weeks. The plan is to spend time fishing and watching wild life between surviving the faily whom I left out and that part of the family I didn't. Between family politics I plan to unwind and catch some fish and share the photographs of the lovely place. May peace and goodwill be with you all my brothers till then.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: goodbye for a while

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:39 pm

Have a jolly holiday and keep a look out for a good bamboo bow and reed arrows for yours truly.

Since you are only gone for two weeks does that mean I get to see you when I am in Delhi (27th Dec to 2nd Jan)?

Mack The Knife

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:55 pm

Cheers Dev - have a good break.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:13 am

Between family politics I plan to unwind and catch some fish and .......

Dev, I can now call you my brother, for we surely must be related! :lol: :lol:
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:26 am

Mark";p="7243 wrote: Between family politics I plan to unwind and catch some fish and .......

Dev, I can now call you my brother, for we surely must be related! :lol: :lol:
I thought that's the case with my family only :D :D :D

Have fun buddy faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from the mad rush of Delhi....

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:35 pm

Hello hello guys.

Have managed things pretty well till now. Just discovered that one of my uncles has gone slightly crazy after retiring. But the fun part was cleaning one of my grandfather's shotguns a 30 inch with external hammers. Took a lot of elbow grease to clean the barrels with machine oil. I suggested using hot water but he smiled weakly and said no.

We (my cousin and I) tried to entice him to bring out his collection but he declined pretending he had forgotten where it was. I hadn't got on his good side yet. But I caught two katla's at his pond on the second day. The first day we tried earthworm and chicken guts and got nothing.

The second day a driver suggested we try bread and gosh now, I've seen everything. Got two within minutes of each other. Yesterday I visited a place on the Arunachal border. And two hours of fishing yeilded nothing. But the drive and the setting more than made up for it.

The day before that I drove into an elephant reserve to get to another famed fishing spot called Ram Ghat but the gypsy couldn't make the pebble and stone strewn 70 degree incline. The driver was hooked to fishing and kept trying to charge the hill but sanity prevailed after three attempts and I settled for trying the rig out at a lesser river.

Again no luck but lots of deer tracks and the knowledge that a herd of elephants had crossed in the morning kept the senses tingling. I know you are dying for the picks by now but will have em up by Sunday.

Mark I thought only Indians excelled in all forms of politics? ;-) But I feel your pain. Mack The Knife this is my small holiday before the big one in Oz. I shall be leaving for Oz on the 19th of Dec. Will definately pick up arrows for you in the a.m. Will leave that and a snack for you and the good Doc's fishing trip.

Till later...
Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi there, Dev!

Two bloody catlas, eh? Why you lucky sod, I hope they gave you a good fight. Would love to see the pics.

Pity we cannot meet up this time. Have packed your pellet selection - 100 of each and have enclosed a letter describing exactly how you should go about testing them. Will leave them with Asif.

Thanks for the arrows but they are no good without a bow.... :wink:
The one I had was sold a couple of months back.

Take care, have a good time and keep in touch via the board.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:23 am

Why so pessimistic? Have you been a bad boy that I won't get you a bow? Thanks for the pellets, just before I left my cousin materialised with a pack of Crosma Premiers 10.4 grains 500 of em. At a very rough test leaning on door frame at about 8 m they all went into the same hole as promised by all the QB 78 fans. It was actually smaller than the nail size group.

I will also tax asif to keep your bow and arrows ;-), he will naturally also get a set. The catlas were small and so they were rather surprised as they swam with the hook in their mouth.

Will fish more today there are several biggies left.

Regards,

Dev.
Mack The Knife Bana";p="7734 wrote: Hi there, Dev!

Two bloody catlas, eh? Why you lucky sod, I hope they gave you a good fight. Would love to see the pics.

Pity we cannot meet up this time. Have packed your pellet selection - 100 of each and have enclosed a letter describing exactly how you should go about testing them. Will leave them with Asif.

Thanks for the arrows but they are no good without a bow.... :wink:
The one I had was sold a couple of months back.

Take care, have a good time and keep in touch via the board.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:04 am

Have you been a bad boy that I won't get you a bow?
Not in the least, dear Santa.

Thanks a ton, Dev.

Mack The Knife

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:10 pm

Glad to know that you are having a ball,Dev.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:53 pm

Taxing it will not be, to take the bows, but to hand them over, Yoda....gotta show you my latest catla buster rod and reel.;)
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:26 am

Taxing it will not be, to take the bows, but to hand them over
Trust me, Asif, you wont hesitate after I growl. :mrgreen:

27th evening/night free? Let's shoot these if you have a lawn. We'll use a couple of your mattresses as back stops. :P

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:56 am

Sorry about the bows them elfs in this part of the north pole haven't been selling them for the last three years because of the bad elfs called ULFA. But strong kadak chai is yours for the taking. Am bringing back some of the finest first flush tea leaves to tide you through the winter. Plus some little bamboo (doll size) baskets for your hobby corner. Didn't even find a decent khukri in the emporium here.

Apologies for the klpd but things have really changed over here. At last count caught six fish at uncles pond. Some silver carp three (one actually jumped off the line by struggling violently while I was showing it off) and some small fish called gokuwa in local parlance.

I think we will release them because the carp are about a foot long and normally grow up to three feet. Anyway I have never seen fish steal bait so neatly before. Stole at least eight times for every fish caught. I hope they haven't been released yet cause I forgot to take pics.

The pond after a while started feeling like hunting at the zoo. So I stopped. My younger cousin has got addicted to this sport now and therefore my rod has become a 'gift' to him. ;-)

Regards,

Dev
Mack The Knife Bana";p="7832 wrote:
Taxing it will not be, to take the bows, but to hand them over
Trust me, Asif, you wont hesitate after I growl. :mrgreen:

27th evening/night free? Let's shoot these if you have a lawn. We'll use a couple of your mattresses as back stops. :P

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:57 am

Thanks Vikram.
I hope you have a merry yuletide and happiness in life.

Regards,

Dev
Vikram";p="7781 wrote: Glad to know that you are having a ball,Dev.

Best-
Vikram

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:11 pm

Dev, When did the bad elves get reduced to such penury? I thought they had their supplies assured from the other side?
Bows and arrows indeed!
Axx
PS- I think you ought to contact Appo from IA for some brahmaputra action
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."