University student killed Burglar with sumari Sword

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

University student killed Burglar with sumari Sword

Post by snIPer » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:45 pm

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/15 ... google_cnn

(CNN) -- A Johns Hopkins University student killed an apparent burglar with a samurai sword after discovering the man in his garage, police said Tuesday.

Baltimore, Maryland, police received a phone call shortly before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday about a suspicious person, and an off-duty officer arrived at the scene with campus security, city police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

When authorities arrived, they heard calls for help and for police, he said. They discovered a suspected burglar with a severed left hand and severe lacerations to his upper body, Guglielmi said.

The suspect died at the scene, he said.

The man had entered a home where several Johns Hopkins students lived, Guglielmi said. Four students, one armed with a samurai sword, had confronted the suspect in the garage.

The man "lunged" at the students, and the student with the sword defended himself, severing the man's left hand and cutting his upper body, Guglielmi said.

Police did not release the name of the suspect, who Guglielmi said had a long criminal history, or that of the student.

Police questioned the three witnesses, Guglielmi said, and released them. It was not immediately clear whether all four students lived at the house, he said.

Authorities are determining whether the student will face criminal charges, Guglielmi said.

Burglars had taken two laptops and a Sony PlayStation from the students' home Monday, Guglielmi said.

The burglary suspect had been released from prison Saturday, Guglielmi said.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: University student killed Burglar with sumari Sword

Post by eljefe » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:00 pm

I dunno what you call it-that roughly hammered metallic device with a folding blade and a spiked ball fixed with a manual handle,faiththfully found in most s indian houses? damn, i wish i could find a pic- basically a sheet metal section of about 12-18 inches, a crude hinge at one end, with a curved blade which traverses 90 deg,used for cutting veggies and grinding a coconut? I remember seeing an old grandma sitting and cutting away pumpkins,the coconut that was grated out was fine and soft if you stood around long enough, sure to get a lil bite of grated coconut...
Yup, if any of you can help me, great!
Thats the device used to kill an attempted rapist in a slum of Chennai.must be about 35 yrs ago, but it made news evrywhere and the woman who used it was publicly commended...
Go figger :shock:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:57 am

Im getting me a samurai sword.
/S/

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:02 pm

One more real life story. One man parked his car out side of apartment building for a night in Russia (quite stupid thing to do in this country). At night he saw two guys near his car, he run out of the house and start chasing those guys. Then one them turned and stubbed that man. He was declared dead quite soon after.

Another case, I recently seen in a newspaper, one Delhi based businessman was killed in Kerala. During road dispute his opponent took knife and stabbed him.

One thing, who is good guy and who is bad bad guy, another thing is who is with knife and who is without.
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:56 pm

well, from the examples you have give it is very clear who is good and who is bad.
but the latter part of your statement is very true indeed.
Thats why never carry a knife to a gunfight :-)
be armed and be ready.

Subal das
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Subal das » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:37 pm

better carry both :D
"Loose lips sink ships"
"Curiosity kill the cat"

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:59 pm

:-) you are right. never know when one will run out of ammo.