Meeting up with Rustam

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Meeting up with Mack The Knife

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:05 pm

Well finally folks, I met with Mack The Knife today. And guys I must all those not staying in bangalore and are into Airguns are missing out on meeting a great guy..

I landed up at Mack The Knife's place at 1 PM, well First thing, he noticed I didn't have a proper carry case ofr my HW 97, he gave me an excellent carry case and said "use it till you get something better yourself"..

After a tea and a great lunch - the chicken was amazing , Met up with his lovely kids. Then onto the guns, He noticed what s@#t quality mounts I had, he gave me a very good mount until I get something better. i was amazed to see the gun hold which he has designed himself..And then we to the terrace to zero in the scope, first it was cleaning the bore. He taught me how to clean the barrel using a pull through and some neat tricks of the trade.Next we zeroed in the scope, chrono-ed it.. and there was one of his crows as well... Somehow I forgot to pick up one for myself..that I'll do next time I visit him.

Well, now I have a great gun case, great mounts and a zeroed in scope..
I also tried his Airguns and now I know what I want next:)

I also saw his knife collection, the khukri that he has is really good..

All in all a Great afternoon :)

Guys not in bangalore...you sure are missing something..

Thanks a lot Mack The Knife!!

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------
Si vis pacem, para bellum

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Overwhelmed, were you? How very gratifying. ;) :mrgreen:

Come over any old time and the pleasure was mine.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Meeting up with Mack The Knife

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:16 pm

Ranjeet Singh";p="6954 wrote:Well finally folks, I met with Mack The Knife today. And guys I must all those not staying in bangalore and are into Airguns are missing out on meeting a great guy..
He was one of the BIG reason why i moved to Bangalore... Now Mehul will be the reason if I move to US. :D and will try to take Rusty along.. :D
Ranjeet Singh";p="6954 wrote:He taught me how to clean a scope using a pull through
:shock: :shock: Man that is a really nice trick for sure.. :mrgreen:
Ranjeet Singh";p="6954 wrote:I also tried his Airguns and now I know what I want next:)
Lemme Guess.. that Venom HW80 :)

As I always say He is one Gem of a person for that matter everyone from IFG I met is gr888 in his way. Nice circle of friends and surely a keeper for life...

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:49 pm

Glad you both had a good time, Ranjit.

"Guys not in bangalore...you sure are missing something.."

This is something I intend not to miss when I go home.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:57 pm

How about an IFG meet in India towards the end of 2007? I know this is OT but if it could be worked out it would be nice...

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:58 pm

Hey guys,

I had been to Mack The Knife's place again y'day, we decided to plink and have fun. Again after a good lunch, we plinked for some time..

I got the crow and the spinner as well...i must say they are really fun..

I have put them at about 30 feet and its fun..the Spinner is more fun than the crow, atleast I find it that way

And my Mom thought it was a real crow sitting there :mrgreen: . And then she said, "why can't your friend make a duck or a swan, why crow"..Well...what can i say

Ranjeet
------------------

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:36 pm

we decided to plink and have fun.
I hope my clients don't read this. They are under the impression I am always busy. :roll: :mrgreen:

By the way, you are supposed to push those stakes as far down as possible - just an inch or so above ground.

It does not look like we will be able to meet again during this visit of yours but drop by when you come over next and don't you forget the Grappa! ;) Thanks a ton for letting me play with the HW75. Nice pistol but lacks a bit of poke.

Take care and hope to see you soon.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:32 pm

Very, very nice! With Bangalore, Delhi and Chicago all becoming meeting venues for IFG members, I hope members from the rest of India would also organise groups and get together to have fun and to get more people shooting.

Cheers and thanks again for the pictures!

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:42 pm

Hey Ranjeet,

When are you leaving? I will be in Bangalore first wek of Feb. Man.. You are lucky to have such a big place in Bangalore to do some plinking.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:13 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="7530 wrote:By the way, you are supposed to push those stakes as far down as possible - just an inch or so above ground.
Well, It was just a make shift arrangement, couldn't find my hammer. Now that I have it, Its all set up again.
Mack The Knife Bana";p="7530 wrote:It does not look like we will be able to meet again during this visit of yours but drop by when you come over next and don't you forget the Grappa! ;) Thanks a ton for letting me play with the HW75. Nice pistol but lacks a bit of poke.
Take care and hope to see you soon.
Mack The Knife
You are most welcome, I'll drop by again in summer, and maybe we'll have more folks from IFG to have fun..

Regards
Ranjeet
------------------

Ranjeet Singh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ranjeet Singh » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:18 pm

kanwar76";p="7550 wrote:Hey Ranjeet,
When are you leaving? I will be in Bangalore first wek of Feb. Man.. You are lucky to have such a big place in Bangalore to do some plinking.
-Inder
Well, Kunwar, I stay on the outskirts of bangalore.. not MG Road :mrgreen: well, thanks but its not a big place...

I am back to Munich in Jan. But hopefully will be back by summer. Will surely catch up

Thanks
Ranjeet
------------------