Camera advice wanted.

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Camera advice wanted.

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:42 am

Hi Guys ,

I have noticed that there are quite a few shutterbugs around so guys its advice giving time for you :D. I am looking for a compact camera because my current camera (Canon s2is ) is too big to carry around when roaming in markets :wink:. My budget is around $200, MP requirement anything above 5, Zoom anything above 3x. No advanced features wanted.

Currently i am looking at Canon powershot SD600 or Casio exilim Exs600. If you think there is something better available in my price range then please go ahead and refer.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:57 am

Inder,

Have a look at the DP Review or Steve's Digicam websites.

I only have hands-on experience of my Nikon 3200, so cannot comment about any other. However, my father has the sort of Casio you mentioned and I find the control buttons far too small.

Mack The Knife

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Camera advice wanted.

Post by conty1 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:07 pm

Yo Indy,

Here's a coupla good deals from Dell:

Canon SD630 Digital Camera $230
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... u=A0620515

Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital Camera $190
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/ ... &scat=prod

Ebay is another good option.

But seriously, if you can hitch a ride at 4 in the morning, I'd suggest stopping by at Best Buy or Circuit City on Friday morning. Black Friday is THE best day to look for deals on electronics. Since I have a party at my place tomorrow for Thanksgiving, I am not sure if I can wake up at 4 that day... there's a good chance I've not even gone to sleep by that time :)

Amit

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Camera advice wanted.

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:53 pm

Thanks Mack The Knife,

I was looking for DP review only but i forgot the site name and URL and even google didn't helped much. Regarding Casio I felt the same thing. I think I will go with Canon only. Its well within my budget.

Hey Amit,

Thanks for the links buddy... Hearing a lot about this black friday. I'll try to check the deals if i manage to get up at 4'O clock.. :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:12 am

Inder, Check this link.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/allreviews.php

Probably the best reviews on net.All the best.
-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."